New FJ owner in Colorado! - Page 5 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Introductions & New Arrivals New to FJCruiserForums? Come on in and tell us about yourself. Just get your new FJ? Post about it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Re: New FJ owner in Colorado!

Quote:
ocr14a previously said: View Post
As soon as I have room again, I'm going to add that one to my signature. That's just hilarious!!

Some people just do a shelving system of sorts back there instead of drawers.

At first, when I started looking into the various options, I thought I wanted drawers, but once I mapped it all out, and saw how much space I would lose just from the drawers and the related rails/mechanism/whatever, and since plastic bins are very durable, I decided to go with a shelf.

Here's my page about that - includes some photos of the process as well as the finished product.

X2
There are a lot of us that will get together from time to time to work on things on each others' rigs. If you don't have tools yet and want to do some kind of project, create a thread in the Colorado section to check in there and see how much interest you might get first. You may find yourself with a couple FJers that want to get together to help.

Well, sweet! You must be pretty close to where I work then. I go for a hike in the mountains every day for my lunch break. Granted, it's a short one, but I still get out there for a bit. If you're close enough, and have an hour for lunch, perhaps we could do a lunch hike together once in a while (or sometime, save up and do an extended lunch break to go up to the Switzerland Trail for some FJ time).

You've definitely come to the right place
I missed your post somehow. I do see a few FJ's really close to work. I even have another silver FJ in the parking lot so I ended up being number 2. I'll check out your shelf build as soon as I can. I usually work through lunch but I'd be willing to break tradition at some point and certainly down for hitting some local trails. :-)

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Offroad94 previously said: View Post
welcome from colorado
Thanks Offroad94! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in person.
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Catalyst

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to OCR14a
Thumbs up Re: New FJ owner in Colorado!

Quote:
Get_Lost previously said: View Post
I missed your post somehow. I do see a few FJ's really close to work. I even have another silver FJ in the parking lot so I ended up being number 2. I'll check out your shelf build as soon as I can. I usually work through lunch but I'd be willing to break tradition at some point and certainly down for hitting some local trails. :-)

Thanks!
Cool.
Winiger Ridge (up Magnolia Rd. a ways) is closed for construction projects till August, but if you have never been everywhere on the Switzerland Trail yet, we could always find something to do up there. Lefthand is relatively close too, but that would have to be maybe a double lunch break type if thing.

Let me know when you want to do something, and we can schedule it.....maybe a week in advance to make sure calendars cooperate and all that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
ocr14a previously said: View Post
Cool.
Winiger Ridge (up Magnolia Rd. a ways) is closed for construction projects till August, but if you have never been everywhere on the Switzerland Trail yet, we could always find something to do up there. Lefthand is relatively close too, but that would have to be maybe a double lunch break type if thing.

Let me know when you want to do something, and we can schedule it.....maybe a week in advance to make sure calendars cooperate and all that.
Sounds great. The only trail I have done so far is the first 1,000 feet of Rollins Pass. It was still snowed in when I went up there. I'm down for anything really. Just eager to get up there and have some fun. I need to get through paying for my tags before I will have a lot of gas money to play with. First time on a brand new vehicle and I should have set that money aside. Live and learn.
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)

Welcome Get_Lost! I thought I'd already stopped in here and said hi, but just saw that I missed it. I look forward to meeting you on Sunday.
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage

One more welcome. I think there is more information on this forum than Chilton ever had in any manual. So many creative people here too. Some of the mods I see make me want to get out in the garage and build something.
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Jesster previously said: View Post
Welcome Get_Lost! I thought I'd already stopped in here and said hi, but just saw that I missed it. I look forward to meeting you on Sunday.
Thanks Jesster! Are you not camping up at the trail Saturday night then?
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
brbradle previously said: View Post
One more welcome. I think there is more information on this forum than Chilton ever had in any manual. So many creative people here too. Some of the mods I see make me want to get out in the garage and build something.
Thanks! I know what you mean. I bought the FJ because it was capable enough for what I wanted and being on this forum for a short time already has me looking at tool storage in the back, lifts, LED lighting, bumpers, winches etc... just the sort of support group I probably don't need which makes it that much more fun.
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)

Quote:
Get_Lost previously said: View Post
Thanks Jesster! Are you not camping up at the trail Saturday night then?
It's become a pretty slim possibility, unfortunately. I won't know for sure until Saturday, but for now I'd have to say I'm out for Saturday night.
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Jesster previously said: View Post
It's become a pretty slim possibility, unfortunately. I won't know for sure until Saturday, but for now I'd have to say I'm out for Saturday night.
Right on. I'm still planning on going but it looks like I might have the place to myself... or at least be the only forum member. Good thing for me I am easily entertained.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Newbie Town > Introductions & New Arrivals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in