Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Looking FJ... Question on Availability

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  mason3313 
#1 ·
Assistance is appreciated :) Cliffs at the end for those who don't want to read the whole thing.

[We are looking to purchase an FJ Cruiser for our business. Not only does the vehicle stand out from the crowd (a plus in business) but is also offers us the space to carry the necessary items around as well as towing ability.

My question is this. We are opening our doors February 1, 2007. Should we be looking for an FJ now? I have done a variety of different searches on the website regarding availabilty, but could not find the exact answer I was looking for. Will we be out of luck if we wait until December/January to begin shopping? Below are the requirements...

Color: Blue or Yellow
2WD
Automatic
Trailer Hitch

That's pretty much it. If it has a Convenience Package we may still consider it, but we don't need it. I have read about the availability (or lack of) for the Base models, so if we need to fork out a little extra, so be it.

So would we be OK waiting until later in the year or possibly January to make a move? Your help is appreciated!!

About myself: I am a member of several large forums and am a "mega-moderator" on one of the larger Acura boards. I look forward to joining this community and participating once we become official FJ owners! Once the business leases are signed I will happily announce the details of the store. Who knows, maybe we can organize a meet or something!! :D

Thanks in advance for those who reply!]

Cliffs:
- Looking for FJ Cruiser for business purposes;
- Store does not open until 2/1/07;
- Will we be OK waiting until Dec/Jan or should we start looking sooner?

See less See more
#2 ·
If you wait you will most likely have to drive a bit to find your car. The base ones are tougher to fine everywhere. Several members have posted lower prices in your area. Good Luck

#4 ·
Sound like this will be associated with your business and a tax write-off. Expenses (or possibly capital with a shorter depreciation period for vehicles) incurred for a new business is legit from the time you apply for the business license. Assuming you have a business license, contractual documentation on your store, and other preopening paperwork, why not get the FJ Cruiser early.

Don't limit yourself to a base vehicle (wait time can be significant), also you live in SET (Southeast Territory), a dealer area notorious for putting options on Toyota's that has driven many on this forum to the brink of madness. I would suggest that you pick the color that suits you (blue or yellow mentioned), but accept an automatic with (1) either 2WD or 4x4, (2) base or CQ, and (3) a rear lock differential. The third option will be valuable when resale comes around, for either the 2WD or 4x4 version. The tow hitch can be dealer installed, so it is not going to result in delivery delays.

The only factory options are model (2WD, 4x4 AT, 4x4 MT), vehicle color, GY (side air bags), CQ (convenience package), DL (rear locker), UP/UR (upgrade package with or without subwoofer unit), and RB (running boards). Everything else is installed this side of the Pacific Ocean, either at Port or at the Dealer.

#5 ·
Hey, great reply. Thanks!

We will likely be getting it early if we can get a deal. The LLC's are all created, so that's not an issue. And don't worry about expenses, we have a ton of them this year even though the actual storefronts won't be opening until 2007! As those who are in business know, it's not cheap! My only concern was making the monthly payments since the store will not be open, however, I have another business which can cover those payments in the interim which allows me to keep personal funds out of the equasion.

As I mentioned in the original post and you confirmed, we will probably end up just getting whatever we can. I've searched dealer online inventory, and once in a while I see something a little less loaded pop up... so we'll just need to time it right to get one of those. Since managing expenses is key to any business I'd like to keep the monthly payment around $350. I think next weekend we're going to drive one to make sure it will do what we need, then start the fax attack in a few weeks.

Thanks again :D

#6 ·
I live here in Charlotte and bought the FJ for my business as well. I got mine from Town and Country Toyota and besides all the BS that southeast Toyota does I was very happy with them. I just drove by there yesterday and they had about five different voodoo blue FJ's on the lot. Let me know if you need any help as a fellow entreprenuer I would be more than willing to help you out.

#11 ·
I checked out a few here in the area such as Scott Clark's Toyota City on Independence Blvd. and was very unhappy with them. If you do go to Town and Country Toyota ask for Bill Fox and tell him that Cliff sent you. Very nice guy and will work with you especially now that they have so many of them. They didn't have the one that I wanted so they did a dealer trade and I had my rig within a week which was much sooner than I expected.

#12 ·
Great, thanks for the reply. Maybe what we'll do is go to Town and Country Toyota when we do the test drive and ask for Bill. Then I'll see what he can do price-wise compared to the other dealers. Hopefully he'll be the best and save me some time and trouble.

Thanks again! :D

#14 ·
varies state by state and it depends how you pay for it...like cash? or is there a lien? in missouri and if its financed with toyota financial services you usually need a personal guarantor unless previous experience with tfs. like i said, varies state to state.

#15 ·
Thanks for the reply.

How we pay depends on what we get. If we get it new from a dealer, odds are we'll either lease it or take out a loan, and the store will make the monthly payments.

If we buy a pre-owned from an individual we'll pay cash and the store will just pay us back...

#17 ·
For what it's worth , I have 5 on the ground and 6 coming in in the next 30 days. Two are presold. One is the TRD special edition, averaging 1200 -1500 dollar discount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.