Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

FJ In Dallas

2K views 25 replies 24 participants last post by  Janet 
#1 ·
Hello All,

Name is Derek and I live in North Dallas. Just purchased a 2010 Army Green FJ. Got an awesome deal that I couldn't pass up.

Never been into SUVs, but there is something about the FJ I have always liked. I've been Audi/VW guy but decided to finally make the switch. I also have a 1967 Volvo 122s (Amazon).

I see there are quite a few Texas people on the forum. Should be fun getting to know you guys.

#2 ·
Welcome neighbor! :wave:

Continue watching the Texas section for chances to wheel or catch up with the locals at our Meet & Greets.

Should be upwards of 300 folks at our next event: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...-star-toyota-jamboree-april-19-22-2012-a.html

If you are interested in wheeling and camping you can always come checkout: Toyota Trail Riders (TTR) - Get Out and Explore. Our next meeting is this Thursday

TRDParts4u is located right here in Dallas and ready to help you with all your aftermarket needs. :bigthumb:

#9 ·
Congrats. I too am in north Dallas. Let me know when you start doing any of the mods, and I might be able to help you out. I have a Sandstorm Trail Teams with a winch on the front... hope to see you out on the road and trails.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using AutoGuide.com App

#10 ·
Welcome aboard!

#14 ·
Again, thanks for the warm welcome.

I do have a few questions. 1. The dealer didn't have the FOB key. Is there a better route to getting one? Maybe a site I am sure the dealership charges the most to get a replacement.

2. My radio is the stock black one. I've become a sat radio snob from my previous car. Does anyone recommend a radio that has the sat built in? I saw a thread in the stereo section about a kenwood that people got.

#16 ·
First off, welcome... I'm brand new here myself, so we are entering this thing together :cheers: I live in Dallas as well... sort of.... when I'm not living on an oil rig.

I don't know anything about getting new keys for your keyless entry, and I'm not sure you could do it without one, but an aftermarket viper type system for keyless entry, alarm, remote start, etc.... could be a possible solution

As for your radio, I too have become XM obsessed... well more like MLB Network obsessed, and luckily the stock radio that came in mine has it. That being said the requirements for the replacement head unit that I've been looking into include satellite radio. There are many, so it kind of also depends on what else you're looking for. The particular model I"m looking at is a Pioneer, not that I necessarily believe it's a better head unit, but b/c I like the Navigation portion better than anything else. I won't be using the Head Unit's power, or cd player... or even bluetooth for that matter as the CB I"m looking into has that covered. My suggestion is try to figure out what else you want in a head unit b/c satellite, capability at least, is pretty common these days.

#17 ·
:cheers:

#20 ·
Welcome

#21 ·
Welcome Derek to the gang.

#23 ·
Welcome from MS!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.