Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Hello FJ peeps

661 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  lgrt 
#1 ·
I'm new to site but not to FJ's. I'm on my 3rd one and started having an issue yesterday. I was driving and the brake pedal went to the floor a few times and then really hard with some pulsing movement. When this happened the ABS, VSC, Brake, and I believe another one came on and a day later they are still on. I've been trying to see what it could be and when I have the key to the on position I hear some noise from the brake accumulator for about 20 seconds. I feel like this is something those Prius had. Thanks and look forward to gain more info on this forum

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum

I'm sure someone will be along to help you out but you may be better to put a separate post in the Tech section with a more specific title.

From my experiences with hydraulics, (clutch and brake) is a pedal that goes to the floor indicates air in the system, so a failed seal etc or from old fluid with a high moisture content. Maybe start with a fluid change and bleed.

#5 ·
Welcome aboard!

#6 ·
Thanks everyone. I'll post a pic of it when the weather is nice again here in Pearland Texas. I did however look at it more today after spending all night at work trying to see what it could be. With that said when I got into it today I pressed the pedal a few times with no keys and it went straight to the floor, then I turned the key to the on position and heard the pump turn on. Also everytime I pushed the pedal it would turn on and run for about 5 seconds or so. When I started the FJ it would do that everytime. I'm thinking that the accumulator is bad. All my lights are still on and the lines and plugs for the abs to each wheel are fine. My FJ is a 2008 with a few modifications like ARB front and rear bumpers with a winch, a 4" suspension lift and 35" tires. This was my wifes car and she needed something alittle more smaller so I got her a 2018 GMC Acadia SLT-2.

#8 ·
Welcome to the FJ Cruiser community

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.