Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Well I drank the Koolaid

2K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  Bad Wolf 
#1 · (Edited)
I've owned about 6 4runner's a 1985 a 1986,a 1993 and two 1999's and a 2006 and 2 Toyota pickup's a 1992 and a 1982.
I got the bug decided I wanted another rig.
I wanted a FJ80 with a locking differential but I didn't have 8-10k cash laying around.
Well decided I think I needed a newer option.
I Bought a 2008 FJ cruiser on the 15th of this month.
Yes higher mileage Fj Cruiser 180k but I got it for $8000.
It's a automatic and has the locking differential and sub and stuff.
Behold the Nuclear Banana...

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome aboard!

#5 ·
Welcome!
It looks pretty tidy - hard to believe that it's 11 years old!
Another 58K miles, and it's driven to the moon - Then you'll have to bring it back :)

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks Chris and Amaclach.

Here are the links to some of the trucks I have owned in the past.

http://www.cardomain.com/member/82hilux/

http://www.cardomain.com/member/934rnr/

Yes that's Cardomain.... I am old... lol

Needless to say I am experienced with "Toyota's"

The FJ from what I was told by the owner it has never been "offroad". All of the miles are highway miles....
They had all the service records. No accidents although hard to believe in Florida... Jacksonville Florida has the highest accident rate for the whole entire state... Defensive driving is a must in this place.

#13 ·
#10 ·
Welcome

#14 · (Edited)
Also Technically Banana's are slightly radioactive from the potassium in them.

If you take a Geiger counter and put it up to one it will register ionizing radiation from the potassium.....

Other fruits have potassium in them as well
to include Bananas, Oranges, Apricots, Grapefruit, Prunes, Raisins(Grapes) also veggies such as Spinach some mushrooms, swiss chard
, potatos, squash, beets and many others..... Some have higher contents than others all not harmful to you....
Also some Brazil Nuts can contain radium which will definitely register on a Geiger counter....

However it's interesting to know...

I wonder if Wines have ionizing radiation hmmm one can ponder.... lol

#12 ·
Welcome from the UK. Tidy looking vehicle. Always makes me smile that we're all happy with over 100k on the clock of any Toyota when here everyone says away from any vehicle with over 50k.

#19 ·
Sounds like you got a GREAT price. Welcome to the forum.

#20 ·
Cool name, welcome

#25 ·
What a steal! (Hopefully)

Welcome from California.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.