Looking for my FJ - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Introductions & New Arrivals New to FJCruiserForums? Come on in and tell us about yourself. Just get your new FJ? Post about it in here!

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Looking for my FJ

Currently looking for my first FJ. I have been aToyota only girl for awhile . I currently have a 09 Tacoma that I have babied, but my needs are changing and I just am not in love with any other SUV vehicle but the FJ. My Tacoma has been an awesome vehicle, so hoping the FJ can wow me as well. So off to hunting it is!
FJFool and Lee44 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
The only mistake I made when buying my FJ is not buying it sooner. Buy the nicest cleanest one you can afford. Happy Hunting.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 08:17 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Looking for my FJ

Welcome aboard!

'07 Voodoo Blue/6MT/Roof Rack/Towing Package/ALL-PRO-Front Bumper w/Prerunner Light Bar, Rock Guards, Full Skid Plates, High Clearance Exhaust, Ultimate Lower Skids/Metal Tech Rear Bumper/ICON Ext. Travel Remote Reservoir Front-Rear PiggyBack Reservoir Shocks-Shin Guards/aFe Pro-Guard 7 CAI/Doug Thorley Headers/Garvin Trail Rack/KC Daylighters/BFG AT/KO's 315x70x17 Tires/17 inch Steel Wheels/Magnaflow Exhaust/Man-A-Fre Extended Brake Lines/M-Pac Rear Mount/Power Tank/Manik Taillight Guards & Roof Rack Light Bar/Light Racing Adjustable UCA/Safari Snorkel/SCUBA Mods/Toy Outfitters Rear Upper Control Arms, Rim Stiffeners/URD Short Shifter/Timbren Bumpstops/Baja Rack, + a butt load more mods..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks all!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 09:41 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome from Oregon

Jade -- 2013 Army Green AT Crawl -- US Offroad Winch Mount / Warn 10K synthetic -- BMC -- Light Racing Upper Control Arms -- Bilstein 6112 / OME rear springs / Bilstein 5100 -- Metal-Tech Red Eye Rear Bumper -- URD Stainless Exhaust -- Cooper STT Pro LT285/70R17 E / Factory Alloys -- Smittybilt Nerf Bars -- Diode Dynamics / Light Bar / HID / LEDS -- Springtail Solutions Side Rack -- Ellis Precision - Goodies -- Cobra 75 WX ST / Bandi / 3' Firefly -- Front Runner Storage Drawer

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
So question my FJGurus. I found 2 near me and just wanting some feedback. First I am a girl so please no bashing for the Ill informed here. Just wanting an opinion. 2010 145k miles, interior is spotless and looks well cared for. The 3rd owner has only had it 1 year, so can't tell me a lot about past maintenance. It suffered hail damage and was repaired, looks good. Wants 15K.
Next is vehicle #2 2011, 80k miles, but carfax shows a past accident, and 5 owners. Like the low miles, but..... 19k on this one. So just wanting a little help. Think I know, but a little help from my friends here would be amazing
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 11:46 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Hi Leonardf, welcome from central Ohio!

First, have you run across Jimmy-Buffett's Guide to buying or selling an FJ Cruiser?

If you are in or near the rust belt, or the FJ spent time in it; compare the undersides.
Compare the trims and options, a low priced Fj may not have a feature you'd like to have. The FJ does have 2WD and 4WD versions, priced accordingly. There are a variety of options, like the compass/temp/inclinometer on the dash, keyless entry, but maybe the biggest option value-wise to look for is the A-Trac. (It'll be a button in the console below the radio) Many options can be added later this one can't. Nice to have when off pavement, or down the road if you sell.

Regarding your two, the accident could be a little thing or a major repair. Something to determine pre-purchrase. I'm not necessarily scared off by that, though 5 owners in 8 years seems more unusual. I also wouldn't be worried about 145k miles if it has been serviced well. A pre-purchase maintenance inspection will give you some insight into that too.
Many here, my self included, have gone out of state for a good deal on a great FJ. They are in demand and the best deal may also come with cool story about going to get it.

Everyone of us here at some point knew nothing about FJs, so don't worry about asking questions. I'm still learning too.

Good luck getting Your FJ, you're gonna have a blast with it!
FJFool likes this.

2010 TTSE [Sandstorm]
Mostly stock, with lights in front and and on top.

An FJ Cruiser - Because my dog deserves the best adventures possible
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thank you for the input.the 10 has the A drive, and all the goodies. The 11 is 2wd. So appreciate the input. Will go to the article and read
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 08:28 AM

Garage

Hello and welcome from Ky

2010, White, Stock for now......

07/24/19 DRL bypass completed
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 08:37 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)

Yeah, read that article, do your research, and like someone said, buy the nicest one you can find. This probably won't be a cheap endeavor.

GL and keep us posted.

Past: 2007 Black Diamond FJC - totaled
Present: 2012 Trail Team Edition Radiant Red

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Newbie Town > Introductions & New Arrivals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in