Another new guy.... - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Introductions & New Arrivals New to FJCruiserForums? Come on in and tell us about yourself. Just get your new FJ? Post about it in here!

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Another new guy....

Greetings All. Name is Ray. Live in North Central FLorida in a small town named Fanning Springs. I work in a neighboring town called Chiefland where I am a Police Captain with our little department. 46, married to an absolutely wonderful wife whom I still cannot believe puts up with me after 17 years. Two grown kids. Oldest is a son who is currently serving as a FMF Corpsman stationed at Kenoa, Kanoe, Ksomething in Hawai (Poor thing) where he is loving life as a "Devil Doc". Fair warning, I am a proud dad, so there may be more than one occasion where I will capitalize on an opportunity to brag on my kids... Anyway, youngest turns 20 (My God I am getting old) in just a few days. She still lives near by and is dating a young man whom I have not developed the necessity to help disappear as of yet, however, the hole is dug and standing by. She works with our local Rape Crisis Center as a sexual violence outreach advocate. She loves her job, but hates it being needed. I have been with our little agency just short of 25 years and hope to join the ranks of freshly retired next June. Of course, I will still have to work, but what the heck, fella has got to eat. And pay for toys. And have insurance. So I am absolutely new in here and hope to be a freshly designated owner of a new to me 2007 FJ in the very near future. We will see what the bank Says on Monday. Anyway, figured I would jump the gun a bit and get in here and poke around and see what I can learn, what to look out for, and what to not worry about. While I am new to the FJ world, I am not new to the off road world. Just my previous investment and time abductor was an old Jeep YJ that I rebuilt from the ground up. From what I already see, these are two very far apart vehicles, so please be patient with me as I will probably ask a bunch of questions and try to remember all the information. So, without further adieu, I will begin my quest searching through the mountains of intel in here and hope to learn something. So this is my hello, and my who I am. Hope to catch up with some of yall on a trail at some point. Oh, before I forget. Several things you will see, and I hope to never get apprehended by the Grammar Police or Spelling B deputies, but Not only I type faster than I can think, and sometimes invert words a bit, but I am a phonic speller. Therefore no amount of reading my misspelled words will clue me in to the fact that I have made an error. So please be gentle..... That is all..

Cheers!
Ray T
debFJVT, Lee44, jamesepoop and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Cpt. Ray T; 09-07-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 07:34 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Welcome Ray

Cops have a hard job, thank you for your service .

Great kids, and advanced congrats on FJ
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 08:18 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Another new guy....

Welcome aboard!

'07 Voodoo Blue/6MT/Roof Rack/Towing Package/ALL-PRO-Front Bumper w/Prerunner Light Bar, Rock Guards, Full Skid Plates, High Clearance Exhaust, Ultimate Lower Skids/Metal Tech Rear Bumper/ICON Ext. Travel Remote Reservoir Front-Rear PiggyBack Reservoir Shocks-Shin Guards/aFe Pro-Guard 7 CAI/Doug Thorley Headers/Garvin Trail Rack/KC Daylighters/BFG AT/KO's 315x70x17 Tires/17 inch Steel Wheels/Magnaflow Exhaust/Man-A-Fre Extended Brake Lines/M-Pac Rear Mount/Power Tank/Manik Taillight Guards & Roof Rack Light Bar/Light Racing Adjustable UCA/Safari Snorkel/SCUBA Mods/Toy Outfitters Rear Upper Control Arms, Rim Stiffeners/URD Short Shifter/Timbren Bumpstops/Baja Rack, + a butt load more mods..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 08:19 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Garage

Welcome from Oregon

Kids are great when they are not teenagers

Jade -- 2013 Army Green AT Crawl -- US Offroad Winch Mount / Warn 10K synthetic -- BMC -- Light Racing Upper Control Arms -- Bilstein 6112 / OME rear springs / Bilstein 5100 -- Metal-Tech Red Eye Rear Bumper -- URD Stainless Exhaust -- Cooper STT Pro LT285/70R17 E / Factory Alloys -- Smittybilt Nerf Bars -- Diode Dynamics / Light Bar / HID / LEDS -- Springtail Solutions Side Rack -- Ellis Precision - Goodies -- Cobra 75 WX ST / Bandi / 3' Firefly -- Front Runner Storage Drawer

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 01:29 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)

Welcome Ray!

LGRT
See our Overland and Off-Road Adventure website for stories, pictures and videos of our exploits, how to mods and maintenance as well as random thoughts and rants
MODs:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel Off-Road and Overland Adventure Videos
"Like" us at Last Great Road Trip on Face Book for extras and a free LGRT decal

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 03:47 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)

Welcome!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 08:55 AM
Admin

Mentioned: 172 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2440 Post(s)
Garage

Welcome to the forum!

Post up some pics of your ride when you get it.

Suck it up... it's only -40

2008 FJ Trail Teams
ARB Front; Exp1 rear STC; Apex rocksliders; Lightforce on front bumper; ARB Full Rack w/Grid; ; Icon Susp w/cdc; magnaflow muffler (mashed the original); Engo 12000S winch; 285/75/16 Duratracs; Ricochet skids, Uniden PC78 Elite CB (ch 16 typically, ch 19 on the hwy)

"Don't drive angry".... BFM
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 09:33 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1486 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to mikey

Welcome to the mess!

After Monday and Tuesday even the calender says WTF

"It's not easy being Green"
Kermit the Frog
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 10:51 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Hi Ray, welcome from central Ohio!

2010 TTSE [Sandstorm]
Mostly stock, with lights in front and and on top.

An FJ Cruiser - Because my dog deserves the best adventures possible
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 02:35 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 1114 Post(s)
Garage

Seems like you're into potential incrimination and dropping cash into a money pit car build. You'll fit right in. Welcome Captain Ray!

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Newbie Town > Introductions & New Arrivals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in