Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

New FJ Owner in GA

2K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  PureFJCruiser 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I recently purchased a 2011 FJ in the sandstorm color with 72,000 miles. This is my first Toyota that I have ever purchased and I am looking forward to being a proud long term owner. I have stalked the FJ every since it came out but never pulled the trigger on buying one due to either cost or other vehicles (motorcycles, trucks, cars, etc.) catching my short term interest. I have owned various pickup trucks and SUVs with my last SUV being a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder that was babied by me for the last 10 years with only 114,000 miles. I do have a slight regret for giving up my beloved Pathfinder with the mods I put on it (lift kit, bull bar, off road lights, tail light guards, etc.). However, life goes on and I really wanted to own an FJ. I have major plans for it as of now it is just stock with no upgrades except for some tires that I will keep as spares. I already ordered a Pro Comp 3' inch lift, 33' inch Nitto Ridge Grappler tires and Black Rhino Arsenal wheels (sand on black). I am trying to decide whether to get the roof and all the silver pieces (bumper wings, grille, mirrors, door handles) vinyl wrapped, plasti dipped, painted or line-x in matte black. The cheaper option of course is the plasti dip but for a bit more I can get it vinyl wrapped. I could have gotten a completely done up FJ with everything I wanted on it but I always like to have my own spin on vehicles. Hopefully when I get everything I want done on the FJ, it will be one bad monster. I am attaching a pic of my old Pathfinder (nicknamed General Grievous) and of the FJ (whose name will be Boba Fett). Yeah, I am a SW geek, LOL.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome aboard!

Reactions: darkvader925
#9 ·
Supasta, I do plan on adding a roof rack. That’s one of the add-ons I have been looking through the forum for, to see what option I like best. The OE roof rack still has a certain appeal for the classic look but the aftermarket racks are also very appealing especially the low profile ones. Hopefully, I will decide by Christmas and it will be a present to myself, although the FJ was a birthday present to myself ?

#14 ·
Greetings from Georgia, Marietta to be exact.

Shouldn’t to be calling the FJ “Sandtrooper”, considering the color?

#15 ·
Welcome and congratulations on a great lookin FJ!

Reactions: darkvader925
#18 ·
Turbokidd ??? I already have a vehicle named Stormtrooper 2.0, it’s one of my bikes, a Honda F6B in matte white. When I saw the FJ, the name Boba Fett immediately popped into head. I don’t know why these SW names popped into my head as names for my vehicles. My other car name is Padame ?

#19 ·
Welcome

#21 ·
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new FJ!

As for the plasti-dipping you are considering, I've covered the decals and badges on two vehicles over five years ago and it has held up to this day. Whatever you decide to go with will be great though I'm sure. Looking forward to hearing more from you and let us know over at our website if we can ever help you find anything for your FJ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.