post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Wiring and lighting questions. Please give advice

Starting this week and next week I am starting to install a separate fuse block and wiring for my accessories and a Sierra LED dual amber/white light bar. I plan on running all lighting, CB, and air compressor through this blue sea 6 fuse block w/neg bus terminal. The fuse block will be connected to a 100 amp relay that will activate the accessories when the ignition is turned on. I have researched the existing threads so I hope I am not duplicating any previous posts. I have two questions:

First-Can I wire the the light directly to the fuse block? I will be using a 40 amp fuse blade which is the size that is currently on the light's wiring harness? Does the supply have to be attached to the battery? (I want to wire it to the fuse block to keep as few connections to the battery as possible). Some of the previous posts are contradictory on this point.

Second-This particular question involves the installation of the light bar. I plan on installing the light bar on my bumper. However the the oem light mounts are spaced to narrow and place to close to the grill to fit. What I want to do is drill new holes in the bumper and then sandwich the bumper between 2 3/8" steel flat bar and then bolt it up. Will this weaken the structural integrity of the bumper? Will this cause any other problems that I am not thinking about? Finally this is only temporary for about 6 months to year, at which time I plan to add a aftermarket bumper with a winch. Thank in advance for the advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical > Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in