7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Looking to install fog lights...

Looking to install fog lights as I really like the look of having fog lights in the front on the original bumper. Eventually I'll get the wiring harness and switch to complete the install but for now it's just for looks. Can anyone steer me in the right direction as to which/what type of fog lights I can purchase? Looking for the OEM or aftermarket lights as long as they look similar to the factory ones. Any help is greatly appreciated. These will be installed on the factory bumber. Trying to keep it completely stock. I was looking for the factory brush guard with fog lights but another member stated that those brush guards are damage multipliers and don't add any protection.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:09 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Re: Looking to install fog lights.....

I would love some OEM foglight with harness/switch. Following this thread.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:36 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)

There are several threads here with the Toyota part numbers for the switch and so on, also telling you where the pre-wired wires are in the center console and near the firewall.

Check out my avatar below, these are a pair of 7" PIAA LED driving lights, crazy bright and match the styling of the OEM headlights very nicely.

To install them, use the PIAA stainless steel "hidden bracket" kit, which is far superior to the TRD painted brackets which rusted after only a couple of winters. The stainless steel parts should still be as good as new for a long time. For reference, this kit, which is available from the PIAA website, is a copy of the original SET/GST kit sold by dealers in the south east US during original FJ production.
FJQueue likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:54 PM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
norm356 previously said: View Post
There are several threads here with the Toyota part numbers for the switch and so on, also telling you where the pre-wired wires are in the center console and near the firewall.

Check out my avatar below, these are a pair of 7" PIAA LED driving lights, crazy bright and match the styling of the OEM headlights very nicely.

To install them, use the PIAA stainless steel "hidden bracket" kit, which is far superior to the TRD painted brackets which rusted after only a couple of winters. The stainless steel parts should still be as good as new for a long time. For reference, this kit, which is available from the PIAA website, is a copy of the original SET/GST kit sold by dealers in the south east US during original FJ production.
Is this the kit?

http://www.piaa.com/store/p/720-PIAA...acket-Kit.aspx

Did you have to do drilling?

I am fine with the PIAA - I will search it.

Were you able to use the Toyota switch and the prewired wires etc?

Last edited by sandFJ90210; 04-15-2019 at 02:56 PM.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 05:46 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Looking to install fog lights...

Check for FJ Cruiser auxiliary light kit on google. That is what Toyota called them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Iceberg FJ, CRAWL Control, Rear Diff. Lock, ATRAC, Eezi Awn K9 Roof Rack, Hella Aux lights, Rear Chase Lights, TRD Ultimate Edition Suspension, TRD Pro 17" rims, BF GoodRich KO2 285/70/17, Eezi Awn 1400 Series 2 Roof Top Tent, National Luna Dual Battery Controller, Optima Yellowtop 34/78 Battery
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:07 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Re: Looking to install fog lights...

"Is this the kit? http://www.piaa.com/store/p/720-PIAA...acket-Kit.aspx"

yes

"Did you have to do drilling?"

yes, two holes in the top of the plastic bumper for the light posts to go through, other than those two, the other mounting points use existing bumper attaching fasteners underneath

"Were you able to use the Toyota switch and the prewired wires etc?"

yes, as TS Farling suggested, search on the internet for one of the Toyota wiring kits, hopefully some are still around and available

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:11 AM
Forum Veteran

Quote:

yes

yes, two holes in the top of the plastic bumper for the light posts to go through, other than those two, the other mounting points use existing bumper attaching fasteners underneath

yes, as TS Farling suggested, search on the internet for one of the Toyota wiring kits, hopefully some are still around and available
Thank you!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:35 AM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
tsfarling previously said: View Post
Check for FJ Cruiser auxiliary light kit on google. That is what Toyota called them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will this harness and switch work?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-FJ-C...5-f85def6e7634
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:36 AM
Forum Veteran

Quote:

yes

using this kit was it plug and play with piaa?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-FJ-C...5-f85def6e7634
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:38 AM
Forum Veteran

Quote:

norm

Do you have the exact 7” piaa led model number i can order ?

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical > Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in