Wiper fluid issue - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Maintenance Tech This forum is for discussion of all aspects of maintenance that should be performed on the FJ Cruiser to keep it operating at maximum efficiency.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Wiper fluid issue

Yeah I have check all of these things it's been about. 2 weeks since I waxed it and it was working great after that... I checked the fluid level and topped it off... Could it be that my pump is going bad?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

REBEL OFF ROAD

2010 Iceberg. Total Chaos +2 Long Travel Kit. King 2.5 Coilovers with Compression Adjusters up Front. Icon Rear Springs. King Shocks with Resi in Rear. Borla XR-1. HID Headlights 8000K. TRD Cold Air Intake. AirRaid Thottle Body Spacer. Method Race Wheel NVs All Black. Toyo 35x12.50. Rigid Industries Grille with D2s. A pillar mounted D2s. Rigid Industries Light Roof Rack Light Bar. Spare Tire Rotopax Mount. CB Radio. Race Radio. Race Siren.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1039 Post(s)
Re: Wiper fluid issue

does the pump sound funny?
I`d look into loose connection or possible tear in the hose somewhere...
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1868 Post(s)

Did you ever stick something in the sprayer to "clean" it? Like perhaps a toothpick or paper clip or something? You should never stick something in the sprayer nozzle to try to clean it because you could accidentally reshape the plastic and permanently ruin the spray pattern. If something is stuck in the nozzle use something like a toothbrush to clean it out. As for what to do about it, go to the deal and buy a new one. Shouldn't be more that a few bucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)
Wiper fluid issue

The pump did sound a little odd.. I didn't stick anything down the nozzle, I do use a tooth brush for a lot of those tight places... My wife says I'm a little to OCD with it but hey I'm gonna do it I'm gonna do it right!
I took it to the dealer this morning I have a buddy that works there so he's gonna check it out for me, as well as I had a recall I didn't know about that they are going to take care of...
I'm going to hammers this weekend so I wanted to make sure everything was good

REBEL OFF ROAD

2010 Iceberg. Total Chaos +2 Long Travel Kit. King 2.5 Coilovers with Compression Adjusters up Front. Icon Rear Springs. King Shocks with Resi in Rear. Borla XR-1. HID Headlights 8000K. TRD Cold Air Intake. AirRaid Thottle Body Spacer. Method Race Wheel NVs All Black. Toyo 35x12.50. Rigid Industries Grille with D2s. A pillar mounted D2s. Rigid Industries Light Roof Rack Light Bar. Spare Tire Rotopax Mount. CB Radio. Race Radio. Race Siren.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
GabeRmrz previously said: View Post
The pump did sound a little odd.. I didn't stick anything down the nozzle, I do use a tooth brush for a lot of those tight places... My wife says I'm a little to OCD with it but hey I'm gonna do it I'm gonna do it right!
I took it to the dealer this morning I have a buddy that works there so he's gonna check it out for me, as well as I had a recall I didn't know about that they are going to take care of...
I'm going to hammers this weekend so I wanted to make sure everything was good

good luck, let us know what it is when you know!
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)
Wiper fluid issue

I got a phone call and they said my tubing got twisted.. Much like a hose when it has a kink in it... I don't know how this happened, but they replaced all the tubing for me and said its working great now.. So if this happens to anyone else tracing your tubing back :]

Thanks for all of your input guys I appreciate it

REBEL OFF ROAD

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
GabeRmrz previously said: View Post
I got a phone call and they said my tubing got twisted.. Much like a hose when it has a kink in it... I don't know how this happened, but they replaced all the tubing for me and said its working great now.. So if this happens to anyone else tracing your tubing back :]

Thanks for all of your input guys I appreciate it

it`s good to hear of an easy outcome!

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Maintenance Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in