Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Rotor suggestions?

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  fjlarry 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
My FJ is in need of new brake pads but I've decided to take it a step further and replace the rotors as well. With all the added mods and moving to 35's in the last year the weight is starting to make things sluggish when braking.

I'm thinking of going drilled and slotted with ceramic brake pads. Does anyone have any suggestions? How does the TRD Big Brake kit perform?

Right now I'm looking at the 360 performance rotors available on the Demello site.

Any advice/suggestions are welcome!

#2 ·
Cashnutz is testing the 360 Performance rotors right now. He has less than 1000 miles on them.

I just replaced my pads and rotors with EBC pads and slotted rotors. I have noticed much better stopping power. I put them on the trails for the first time Friday and was very impressed. They were much much quieter than OEM. Check out the end of my build thread for details on the parts

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3171449#post3171449

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#6 ·
I heard my name. :)

I will be doing a write up. I did a brake test before switching to the 360 rotors. I will be doing the same test with the 360 rotors. I wanted to get closer to 1000 miles before testing. I did 5 stops from 45 MPH and measured them. I noticed brake fade with the stock brakes. I love them so far. I do notice a difference but I want to finish my scientific test before professing my love or giving them my stamp of approval. We have rain forecasted for the next few days so it may be a week or so before I can get the test done with the same roadway conditions as the first test.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.