Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

106k first time changing plugs

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  fjessence 
#1 ·
Bought my 07 back in July with 97k miles on it, stepping out of a dodge ram hemi into the FJ I was ecstatic about the difference in mileage. Soon after I got it I made a 2200 mile road trip after a little trial I discovered I got the best performance out of mid grade mpg wise. Averaged between 20 and 22 on the highway and 16 in town.

The other day I decided to pull a spark plug just to see how they looked not wanting to trust the dealership changed them. Pulled the front passenger plug and found the gap to be .062 wow I said that's off so I went and grabbed some new plugs and changed them out. All of the were between .060 and .070 I had one at .075 whoa!!! Aside from the crazy gap the threads looked wet, is it possible that was unburnt gas because the gap was so far off?

#3 ·
Check out the thread this post came from:

for a compare here's the old plug. You can see it's worn compared to the new plugs the used plug measures 1.27mm

#7 ·
Did you get better mileage with the e3's:thinkerg:

#8 ·
#9 ·
99k is a long time! I try to change mine every 30 or 40k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.