Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Air Filter replacement question

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Taco2FJ 
#1 ·
Oreilly is a lot closer to me compared to my local Toyota dealer, I checked online and found they have a couple of choices for the air filter replacement, FRAM, Wix and Microguard, and they're priced at around $21, I don't really use stock replacements for air filters in any of my cars, but considering none of them eat dirt like the FJ does :), is it worth it in this instance to get a factory replacement ?, or the aftermarket offers plenty of insurance for what we need ? and if so, which one would offer the best filtering ?

Thanks a lot.

#8 ·
wallyworld sells things cheap bc the supplier agree`s to the price point that wallyworld wants to pay...

that`s why there was an absence of Motorcraft filters for a long time, and how Rubbermaid was financially hurt years ago by wallyworld...

you won`t get any shelf space if you don`t agree to wallyworlds pricing tactics...

wallyworld sucks!!!
unfortunately I find myself in there for some household items, but otherwise they suck... it kills me to go in the store...

#3 ·
I would consider getting a K&N filter. I have not replaced my filter yet (4500 miles) but will definitely look into K&N when the time comes.

#5 ·
Ended up going OEM, haven't used an oiled filter since 2009, for performance I use AFE Dry filters, for offroad, I prefer the good ol paper filter, and the stock Denso is pretty beefy.
Thanks a lot guys.

#6 ·
there may be better, but I use the stock filter … in fact, changed it yesterday …
:cheers:

#9 ·
The best filter I have found is made by Baldwin, then the stock Toyota filter. Stay away from K&N, they just let dirt in. No filter is going to make more hp. I normally give long detailed responses, but read this and you will never stray from quality OEM filter again.

K&N Air Filter Review - Debunking the Myths (and why OEM is better)

I have more tests if anyone wants then, or just google the filter and then ISO 5011 test.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.