Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Is it too late?.

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  robhawkyyz 
#1 ·
If this is in the wrong place,Moderator,please put in the correct area...TIA.

Anyway,2007 FJ,AT,4x4 with 95,000 miles....is it too late to start using full synthetic engine oil. TIA.

#5 ·
Should not be an issue. I transitioned a Miata I previously owned at 102K miles and had no problems.

#8 · (Edited)
BOING! then just order Amsoil for your FJ. I personally use the XL series with OEM filters, but if you do extended OCI`s then use the Signature series.
I`m also using the Interceptor in the 2 smokes! have been for years...:rocker:

YUP, there is a lot of chatter here on the forum, mostly opinion, but fact based info with plenty of UOA`s can be found here to: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

use the latest grade oil "s n" and you'll be good. from the info and classes on oils, synthetic oil is still oil that they have modified in too a molecule that in non syn. oil that does not hold up is taken out, that is why oil last longer these days but I would not go much longer than 4000 miles with synthetic either it is still "s n " grade oil and with all the valves , oil solenoids, cam adjusters and places for old oil to hide and cause problems when it gets crusty. why would you test it . also the reason for longer oil change is suppose to keep the factory from having to change cat converters under warranty..ex. chevy and dexos oil every 5000 mi. stuff I have got some inside info on.. save a cat or your engine.. what would you do?
ahhhh, then you are aware of the M1 and castrol court approved by name only true synthetics, yeah, good stuff...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#7 ·
use the latest grade oil "s n" and you'll be good. from the info and classes on oils, synthetic oil is still oil that they have modified in too a molecule that in non syn. oil that does not hold up is taken out, that is why oil last longer these days but I would not go much longer than 4000 miles with synthetic either it is still "s n " grade oil and with all the valves , oil solenoids, cam adjusters and places for old oil to hide and cause problems when it gets crusty. why would you test it . also the reason for longer oil change is suppose to keep the factory from having to change cat converters under warranty..ex. chevy and dexos oil every 5000 mi. stuff I have got some inside info on.. save a cat or your engine.. what would you do?

#9 ·
the problem I see is when people going manufacture recommended oil change intervals is they don't check the oil and top off, and they don't realize the engine will use oil even when in perfect working order. pistons are lubricated by oil!! some is going to burn away.
m1 and Castrol bs also, today if it is s/n grade oil it is synthetic.. the whole titanium additive and others I'm not sold on yet..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.