Pulley Part #'s for 2010-2014 (Idler and Tensioner) - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Maintenance Tech This forum is for discussion of all aspects of maintenance that should be performed on the FJ Cruiser to keep it operating at maximum efficiency.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Pulley Part #'s for 2010-2014 (Idler and Tensioner)

Getting ready to replace my factory drive belt on my 2013 FJ and figured I'd swap out the pulley's as well as I'm getting a chirping sound when I start the engine. I couldn't find the specific part #'s when searching for some of the part #'s, so here goes:

IDLER PULLEY'S
I'm looking for the OEM part #'s for the idler pulley's on my 2013 FJ. I've found the #1 Idler Pulley is part # 16603-0P030. There are two #2 Idler Pulley's according to the Factory Service Manual, but when looking them up I get two different part #'s (see photo below). Does anyone know if I should use part # 16604-31030 or part # 16604-0P011?

TENSIONER PULLEY
In my search I found that some with a 07-09 FJ have replaced just the pulley on the tensioner assembly. Does anyone know the part # for the pulley that attaches to the tensioner on the 2010-2014 FJ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Drive Belt Parts.png
Views:	12
Size:	381.5 KB
ID:	1081424   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pulley List.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	1081426  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)
Re: Pulley Part #'s for 2010-2014 (Idler and Tensioner)

Went to the dealer yesterday to pick up some SLLC (coolant) and asked the parts guy for the correct numbers. He also got the same thing and thought it may be based upon production date. Apparently the #2 Idler Pulley's have some overlap in the production dates, so it's a mystery. He had 2 of the 16604-0P011 in stock so I bought them, then he ordered 2 of the 16604-31030 and the #1 Idler Pulley. Should have everything tomorrow. Then I"ll pick them up, swap them out this coming weekend, and then return the ones I don't need. Will update everyone here on what I find out so that anyone in the future knows what the correct #'s are.

Also found out that I cannot change the pulley alone on the Tensioner Assembly, so looks like that's staying on for now.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Any updates on this. About to do this myself in the next week or two.

Quote:
DucRider previously said: View Post
Went to the dealer yesterday to pick up some SLLC (coolant) and asked the parts guy for the correct numbers. He also got the same thing and thought it may be based upon production date. Apparently the #2 Idler Pulley's have some overlap in the production dates, so it's a mystery. He had 2 of the 16604-0P011 in stock so I bought them, then he ordered 2 of the 16604-31030 and the #1 Idler Pulley. Should have everything tomorrow. Then I"ll pick them up, swap them out this coming weekend, and then return the ones I don't need. Will update everyone here on what I find out so that anyone in the future knows what the correct #'s are.

Also found out that I cannot change the pulley alone on the Tensioner Assembly, so looks like that's staying on for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)

Haven't gotten under the vehicle to do this yet (work keeps getting in the way), so I haven't confirmed the exact part # for the #2 Idler Pulleys. I did confirm that you can change the bearings inside the Tensioner Pulley. See this article for instructions and part numbers:

https://us.lexusownersclub.com/forum...ulley-bearing/

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Maintenance Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in