Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

The first Tan FJC

14K views 44 replies 36 participants last post by  Woodsman 
#1 ·
This 07 FJC was originally black and by all accounts the first tan one painted this color by the folks over at TRDparts4u. Rumor is Toyota saw this FJC and added it to there line up.

This was already a super clean build, but the owner wanted to lighten up the front and go with a little different look. He also wanted to upgrade the rear axle with one that would not break every time he turned a corner.

Here are a few pictures of what he got.

Rock Jock dana 60

Icon bypasses with T/C lower control arms.

Custom front pre-runner bumper with the winch integrated into it.

Rear bumper made to accommodate the 1in body lift.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Yeah, that fish eye shot is awesome... Great job on rebuild too.. I like that finish on the bumpers..

#6 ·
That is a sexy rig! Nice job

#12 ·
Sweeeeeeet!

#13 ·
Nice work Jason. Fenders fit on there quite nicely

I assume you did the front suspension? 3.5" TC?

If so did you take actual wheel travel measurements? Theoretically it should have the same limitations I was seeing on the 2" kit (just slightly more travel, ~11" or so...I know that what Todd was getting on his setup). Was just curious to see if that was the case or not with the latest TC kit as well.

#15 ·
Maybe they are, I didn't look closely the first time around. Bit hard for me to tell from the pics, but they do look more like factory now that I take a second look. I thought at first the were fiberglass cause where the fender meets the grill there is a significant difference between the gaps at the top and bottom of the turn singal. Usually those should match closely on the factory fenders (at least I thought they did).

Either way I'd still like to know the wheel travel numbers.

#21 ·
Maybe they are, I didn't look closely the first time around. Bit hard for me to tell from the pics, but they do look more like factory now that I take a second look. I thought at first the were fiberglass cause where the fender meets the grill there is a significant difference between the gaps at the top and bottom of the turn singal. Usually those should match closely on the factory fenders (at least I thought they did).

Either way I'd still like to know the wheel travel numbers.
Actually it's the stock width kit that replaces the lower arm so you can run a secondary shock. It's the same set up I have on the front of mine.

Travel is in the 9.5in range but with the bypasses it makes up for the less travel.

Roof rack detracts from the rest of the job. The standard rack looks more hearty! Over all looks great"
He's actually taking it off when he gets home is what he told me.

This rig looks awesome, props :cheers:
Thank you.

#16 ·
Great work Jason and the Team Demello! :rocker:

Graham you have one sweet looking well built rig my friend! :cheers:

It's Graham's fault that I got sucked into the FJ vortex and found TRDParts4U and TTR. My wife hates you. :rofl: Just kidding. She obviously got sucked in too. Look forward to checking it all out at Summit.

#27 ·
It does look great. What color are the sliders? Do they match the bumpers? Be awesome to match the rack to bumper too.

#28 ·
i like it all except the red winch hook that looks like the truck's tongue is hanging out. :lol:

#30 ·
Freakin' sweet! While I do appreciate the blacked-out look (see my last vehicle), this is exactly why any aftermarket bumper I get for my Sandstorm will be painted silver. I liked the silver ARB bumper on the Sun Fusion FJ they used in all their literature, and this looks even better. That is such a great looking color combo.

Biased I am... :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.