Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

tube bumper with bash plate.

12K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  FJNewb 
#1 ·
Having a hard time deciding between a tube bumper with bash plate, or a demello evil eye in aluminum (ten lbs heavier than stock bumper).

Help me decide,

what do you like better, and why.

#2 · (Edited)
Demello Aluminum - fits truck overall better. Probably 2x the cost of tube though no? MetalTech is the only tube bumper that looks any good as far as those go IMO
Tube bumpers seem to "fit" better on really modified rigs with LT and whatnot....

#3 ·
949 for MT's tube bumper...not quite 1/2 haha

#7 · (Edited)
Well then you won't feel as bad getting the DO! :clap:

Whoever's this MT bumper this is, is just gorgeous, but I feel you NEED the lights and everything with a tube - alum. not so much. The curved and shaped bash plate really sets it off!

By contrast the evil eye looks sick without ANYTHING else on or in it!

My opinion is the single hoop or baja > evil eye too :)

#5 ·
I dont like the plate bumpers they tend to be very squared off. I dont think that matches the lines of the FJ well. I have been looking at bumpers for a while now and I am finally getting a tube bumper on Friday. It will have a bash plate and winch plate simultaneously. This was import to me.

#6 ·
I'm not a fanboy, in preface.

Can't attest to the strength of an MT tube on the FJC (have Expo One on, and its brick chit house tough) but have MT tube on 80 and have dropped the full weight of one corner off a ledge, completely supported on the outermost portion of the tube, with minimal damage, considering the weight and distance it fell.

Tube bumpers are an acquired taste, to say the least.

DOs does fit the lines of the FJC well.

This is in the wrong forum, by the way.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#12 ·
I like both, and you can't go wrong with either. In the tube bumper category, I really like the Demello. Wicked Off Road has a nice design too. The problem with the Demello tube bumper is they won't make you one unless your rig is in the shop. Not sure why since others seem to be able to mass produce them, but whatever.

I'm not really fond of MT's having either a bash plate or a winch mount. I want both, and thats what my tube bumper has. I just don't like the completely naked look of it, but thats my preference

#14 ·
I go back and forth all the time. I really like the Landcruiser northwest (LCNW) bumper. Get the evil eye look plus tube style. It's expensive though.

View attachment 72068

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The LCNW is a great choice! It does cost a bit more than most but it is really sweet, and really light. You can fit a massive winch too, as much as almost any bumper made. They are custom work and built to order in small shop, hence the higher price.

I have the no hoop LCNW with no winch... Yet

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#15 ·
i like the look of the closed bumper more but i went with tube bumper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.