Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

"El Jefe" The Beginning of an Adventure

15K views 46 replies 20 participants last post by  Joabmc 
#1 · (Edited)
"El Jefe" The End of an Adventure

I finally got around to naming my 2013 FJ. First thought was "Money Pit" but I have been having too much fun accessorizing this guy. So I started to think about my wife and my second daughter that is about to be upon us. We will be very close in birthdays, like a week apart. She told me that I have one birthday left so I better get everything that I want because once my daughter is here it's all about her. Agreed. At that time "El Jefe" was born.

Here is how I found "El Jefe" and how he looks now.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I love my FJ. To show you how much here is the car I traded in for it. As you can see the name "Money Pit" was already taken.

Attachments

#6 ·
#8 ·
Those rims look great on your rig. great start so far.

#9 ·
Nice looking FJC! :cheers:

#11 ·
looks like your windows are tinted ... your truck looks good with the black-out, and those wheels ... sweet ride ... I think you made the right choice re disposing of the money pit that had huge potential to become the bottomless pit as it aged ...
:cheers:

#13 ·
The Caddy is sweet....but the FJ is sweeter! I went from a BMW 530i to my FJ. Similar transition LOL Luxury high performance sedan to off road box on wheels!

The 285's....no issues with rubbing? I didn't see a note of a lift or body chop? Just wondering as I am waffling on going to 285's on my stock suspension FJ or just going with 265's to be safe.

#14 ·
I'm having it lifted today at Don McGill. Also installing the Air Dam Roof Light Rack as well. It only rubs at full turn but hopefully no rub after the lift is installed. I'll post up more pics today. They better call today telling me it is finished.

The tint is factory. Someone asked that earlier.

#15 ·
#16 ·
Got lifted at Don McGill Toyota. Those folks did a great job getting my Toytec 3" Ultimate Lift put on.
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Before
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

After

And it still fits in the garage.
Automotive exterior Automotive luggage rack Roof rack Automotive carrying rack Vehicle

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#17 ·
#21 ·
He's just a neighbor. Lol

But I did add some bushwhackers to my ride and I moved the lights below the light bar to give it a more sinister look.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Toyota fj cruiser Bumper

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

#20 ·
Fortunately the roof rack light package was missing the hardware to attach it to the roof rack. This allowed me to drive it home to see if it would fit into my garage. It cleared by 3" so I decided to mount the lights to the light bar on the front bumper and go with a Baja basket that has the air dam attached.

#23 ·
Looking good!!! What is your Wheel & Tire stats? (Size of both) also man I really like the look if those Bushwackers...

#24 ·
Wheels are XD Addicts 17 x 9's and the tires are Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/70/17. They measure up above 33" at 40psi. No rubbing but that's due to the Toytec 3" lift that is awesome.

#25 ·
#26 ·
Just finished the Hood LED Modification and it went pretty smoothly. I used the wiring that was wire to my fog lights. Since they only worked with my hi-beams I figured that the LED mod would be better suited for this wiring since I will only use it on trails while using my hi-beams as well. The only screw up that I did was trimming out the slot on the fascia. I trimmed out some of the front face at the top leaving the fascia a little open on top of the LED frame. I'm simply going to have to sand it straight to take out any humps and then add a double sided rubber seal to close off the gap. Other than that everything went pretty smoothly. Thanks to http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/lighting/147939-hood-vent-led-light-bar-mod-complete.html and http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/2184708-post36.html for the write UPS. They helped out tremendously. Here's a few pics from the mod.

Attachments

#27 ·
I'm also working on an audio modification that is getting pretty amazing when it comes to the sound quality that can be obtained inside of an FJ from the factory HU and amp. I've posted the write up on the forum as well as copied the link here.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...-system-upgrade-while-keeping-hu-jbl-amp.html

I'm changing out the door P1675's for T1682's because the amp is too strong for the them. I will keep them but they will only be relocated to the rear and wired into the factory JBL amp. To be continued.....

#28 ·
I think i saw you earlier this week on Barker Cypress/290 in front of the HEB....

#30 · (Edited)
#31 · (Edited)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.