Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

My Voodoo Blue FJ Cruiser build

12K views 49 replies 11 participants last post by  marioso 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!

After 6 years of owning this FJ, I've decided to finally create a build page. I'll try my best to include every mod done to my rig and photos from our adventures. Feel free to follow me on IG @risuens for more content I purchased this FJ on 9/11/11 (I know, ****ty date) after getting hit on the way to work in my old Tacoma.

Here is day one of ownership...

Mod #1 : Used Trail Gear Rock Sliders

Mod #2 : HID headlamps and LED mirror lights

Mod #3 : New floor mats

Mod #4 :King Shocks front and rear

Trip #1 : Corral Canyon - San Diego, CA

Mod #5 : BFGoodrich 285/75R16 KM2 Mud-Terrain tires, Method Race Wheels Double Standards, and front wing delete.

Mod #6 : Ebay LED pods flush mounted on front bumper and a Blitz Pro 20" light bar behind the lower grille.

Trip#2: Superstition Mountain in 2014 with Socal Tacomas

Mod #7 : Magnaflow exhaust

Mod #8 : Demello Single Hoop front bumper

Trip #3 Big Bear, CA.

Mod #9 : Subwoofer and amp

Mod #10 : BFGoodrich 295/75R16 All-Terrain KO2's and a trip to Big Bear, CA for the American Adventurist's 2016 Mountain Rendezvous.

See less See more
#39 · (Edited)
Hey gang,

Haven't posted in a while. Here are a few updates for you.

I finally decided to pull the trigger on rock lights so after careful consideration I decided to go with Rigid Industries A-Series rock lights. I have two in the front end, two under the doors, and two in the rear. Below are shots taken of the lights during a trip to Big Bear, CA.

IMG_6207 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6291 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

I also took night photos showing off all the lumens as well.

IMG_6237 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6248 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

#40 ·
#41 · (Edited)
I was itching for trip in March so I hit up my buddy for an overnighter in Anza Borrego. Here's a few photos from the trip. Anza Borrego never gets old to me no matter how many times I visit. It also doesn't hurt that it's only two hours away from San Diego. You don't need weekend or week long trips to reset that internal clock of ours. Sometimes a quick overnighter will do the trick.

IMG_6472 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6459 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6452 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6451 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6444 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

#42 ·
Two weeks ago I was invited on trip down to Baja. Below are a list of new additions and photos. You'll noticed a few changes to my rear cargo area. I upgraded my RTIC 45 cooler to a Dometic CFX-50. Even though, I have a group 31 battery, I wanted to be able to run my fridge at camp without worrying about my battery level so I upgraded my Goal Zero Yeti 150 to the 400 lithium. I also purchased Front Runner Outfitters fridge slide. I didn't realize how much room the fridge was going to take up by it cost me $483 shipped so I can't complain too much. I also decided to "ditch" my ditch lights and threw the Baja Designs Squadrons in the rear as dust lights. Swapping lenses on these lights is such a breeze. I love how the table and lights fill in that gap between the roof and the roof rack.

IMG_6674 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6665 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6675 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6681 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6714 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6761 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6784 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6792 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6806 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6871 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6879 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

Can't go anywhere without my pup!

#49 ·
I see you have your tent mounted so ladder/entrance on back of FJ. You like that? I have an RTT and had it mounted off passenger side. I recently got that same Front Runner rack and need to remount tent. I assume back opens just fine and easy access to cargo area?

I like what you have done with your FJ. Looks great and your photos are amazing.

#50 ·
I see you have your tent mounted so ladder/entrance on back of FJ. You like that? I have an RTT and had it mounted off passenger side. I recently got that same Front Runner rack and need to remount tent. I assume back opens just fine and easy access to cargo area?

I like what you have done with your FJ. Looks great and your photos are amazing.

Thanks man! Took awhile to build but I’m happy with it. I have the tent open to the rear because I wanted to utilize as much of the rack as possible. Opening and closing the rear door isn’t a hassle. I just lift the ladder if I need to open it up all the way and then put the ladder back down after it’s opened.

Let me know if you have any other questions [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.