Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

My Voodoo Blue FJ Cruiser build

12K views 49 replies 11 participants last post by  marioso 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!

After 6 years of owning this FJ, I've decided to finally create a build page. I'll try my best to include every mod done to my rig and photos from our adventures. Feel free to follow me on IG @risuens for more content I purchased this FJ on 9/11/11 (I know, ****ty date) after getting hit on the way to work in my old Tacoma.

Here is day one of ownership...

Mod #1 : Used Trail Gear Rock Sliders

Mod #2 : HID headlamps and LED mirror lights

Mod #3 : New floor mats

Mod #4 :King Shocks front and rear

Trip #1 : Corral Canyon - San Diego, CA

Mod #5 : BFGoodrich 285/75R16 KM2 Mud-Terrain tires, Method Race Wheels Double Standards, and front wing delete.

Mod #6 : Ebay LED pods flush mounted on front bumper and a Blitz Pro 20" light bar behind the lower grille.

Trip#2: Superstition Mountain in 2014 with Socal Tacomas

Mod #7 : Magnaflow exhaust

Mod #8 : Demello Single Hoop front bumper

Trip #3 Big Bear, CA.

Mod #9 : Subwoofer and amp

Mod #10 : BFGoodrich 295/75R16 All-Terrain KO2's and a trip to Big Bear, CA for the American Adventurist's 2016 Mountain Rendezvous.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
In November of 2016 we took a weekend trip to Ocotillo Wells, CA sporting a couple of new mods.

Mod #11 : Baja Designs S8 20" light bar - Combo beam

Mod #12 : Baja Designs Squadron Sports - Wide cornering beam.

Mod #13 : Flare delete.

I also upgraded UCA's back in the day so we'll call that mod #14 : Desert Products UCA.

#3 ·
The mod pics aren't showing up for me. I like the 'stache on your Tacoma.

#5 ·
For MLK weekend this year we took off on a Thursday to go snow wheel/camp in Big Bear. The next day we took off towards Mojave Rd. We started from east to west and finished in Barstow on Saturday night.

Mod #15 : 4 gal. Rotopax.

Mod #16 : Frontrunner Outfitters roof rack.

Mod #17 : Trasharoo.

Mod #18 : Frontrunner Outfitters Wolf Pack box.

#12 ·
In June of this year, my wife and I took a road trip up the coast for her birthday. I was lucky enough to sport some new items. I want to give a big shout out to Pelfreybilt for giving me this awesome opportunity to work with them on the new FJ line. Check them out when you get a chance and hopefully you can join the #pelfreybiltfamily

Mod #23 : Pelfreybilt Off-Road's new FJ Cruiser front bumper.

Mod #24 : Mean Mother Edge Winch 9500 LB with Synthetic Rope.

#13 ·
In July, Pelfreybilt Off-Road took the FJ to FJ Summit in CO. I couldn't get the days off but I'm hoping to be there in 2018. In August we took a trip to Thomas Mountain near Idyllwild, CA. Again, I was sporting some new goodies.

Mod #25 : Baja Designs 40" ONX6 light bar in a spot beam.

Mod #26 : Baja Designs Squadron Sport ditch lights in a wide cornering beam.

Mod #27 : Blacked out handles, mirrors, and grill.

Mod #28 : Pelfreybilt Off-Road sliders.

Mod #29 : Baja Designs S2 Sport in a work/flood beam as camp lights on my roof rack.

Mod #30 : Pelfreybilt Off-Road rear bumper.

Mod #31 : Baja Designs S2 Sport backup lights on rear bumper.

We also added a new member to our family. Hello, Migo.

#15 ·
Mod #33 : Custom platform for the rear cargo area.

Mod #34 : Another Frontrunner Outfitters wolf pack box.

Mod #35 : RTIC 45 ice cooler. (Looking to get a fridge sometime next year)

Mod #36 : Odyssey 31 battery

Mod #37 : Pelfreybilt Off-Road's battery cage to hold down the new 75 LB battery.

I also wanted to give Mitch over at Adventure Wired a huge shout out for running the wires through my roof for my camp lights and ONX6. If Adventure Wired doesn't ring a bell then Wired By Goose Gear should (same guy)

#18 ·
Last month for our anniversary, we decided we'd visit Utah for the first time. We made a quick stop at the Toquerville Falls before arriving in Zion and ended our trip in Bryce Canyon.

Mod #38 : Portable shower made out of a scepter water can, a weed sprayer pump, and a pet shower head. You can see the set up in the background below.

#21 · (Edited)
#22 ·
Sadly, no trips in November. But I did explore Palo Verde in December with the Pelfreybilt family. Here are a few photos from our trip and some photos of the new 4Runner and Tundra products now available for pre-order.

IMG_4984 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_4994 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_4999 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_5034 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_5046 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_5052 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_5082 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_5067 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_5092 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

#23 ·
#24 ·
Last weekend we visited Mojave Rd. for the second year in a row. We're now making Mojave our annual MLK weekend trip. Below are some photos from our trip. On Thursday we drove up to Big Bear for some snow camping. On Friday we took off early and ran the Mojave Rd. from Laughlin, NV to Barstow, CA.

IMG_5499 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_5638 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_5630 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_5472 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6002 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_5586 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_5558 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_5940 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_5786 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_5720 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_5686 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_5979 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_5967 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_5972 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_5951 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

#28 ·
They needed the rear for the FJ racing in the Rebelle Rally but my new bumper is on the way. The old bumper was created around a swing out which they won't be making anymore so it worked out. Their focus right now is on the 5th gen 4Runner swing out bumper which is fine. I can do without the extra weight at the moment.

#29 ·
So yesterday was pretty exciting. I have a little bit of knowledge when it comes to wiring but I could never get it as clean as the photos you see online. I paid a visit to Mitch at Adventure Wired yesterday so he could give my wiring a makeover. Below are the results.

Mod #38 : Powertrays' Switch Pros/Blue Seas Fuse Block panel

Mod #39 : Blue Seas 6 Fuse Block

Mod #40 : Slee Off-road's battery extensions

Mod #41 : Adventure Wired

IMG_6108 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6051 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6069 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6083 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6092 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6100 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

IMG_6106 by Mario_risueno, on Flickr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.