Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

My FJ, LT IFS and 37's

14K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  tukes mountain man 
#1 ·
Well after being on this forum for ever I'm finally going to start a build thread. At this point I think my FJ is worthy of a build thread. Picked my FJ up back in 2009 and started the MOD's right away. Started off with an original Toytec Ultimate 3", Total Chaos UCA's and 33" Duratrac's. It didn't end there, didn't take long before replacing all rear linkage with Toy Outfitters UCA, LCA and Icon Panhard bar (the Icon panhard bar blowout in a few months so first and last thing I ever bought with the Icon name, oem panhard bar went back on). Then on to 35's but first had to take care of the gearing so 4.88's were installed with an ARB locker in the front (hate the A-Trac, prefer to lock all 4 in). Then 35" Duratrac's with Walker Evan 2.0 Adj Rez in the rear to get that little extra bit of wheel travel. Ran this set up for years.

Always wanted to make the jump to 37's without loosing the IFS. At this point in time everything is worn out from years of driving and wheeling with 142,000mi on the FJ. Into RSG the rig goes, was just going to upgrade to another Toytec suspension, 2.5 Boss, but after multiple discussions with Drew at RSG about running 37's with IFS the bug bit. Scrap the cookie cutter 3" lift and staying at 35's, onto bigger and better suspension and tires we go. My dream of running 37's is going to come true! I proceeded to contact Metal Tech to spec out the long travel front and rear and after multiple discussions with John at MT (big props to John with helping close the deal) the suspension was spec'd out with Total Chaos 3.5" long travel front and Metal Tech's long travel rear and a beautiful pair of Radflo long travel 2.5" Adj Rez shocks all the way around (very big props out to Curtis at Radflo for the multitude of conversations to custom spec these shocks for my FJ specifically, they are truly one of a kind valved shocks specific to my FJ). Last but not least are the 37's, Zach at 4Wheelparts in Westminster who I've been working with since I first bought the Fj back in 2009 hooked me up with the very angry looking Maxxis Trepador Bias tires (KOH inspired, but the best r16 x 37" tires out there). This is just the beginning, more to come....

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
Thanks and yes, running standard width wheel spacers, 1.25", front and rear. And yes, mandatory in the front to clear the heavy duty spindle gussets. Plenty of space between the tire and spindle gusset, so for the future when the time is right and the money is there I could go with a set of beadlocks with a back spacing anywhere from 4.5", 4", to 3.5"(which would equal current track width minus the wheel spacers). Then I would remove the front wheel spacers and leave the rear wheel spacers to bring front vs rear track width to a more equal place.

#16 ·
Looks great, next mod?

#17 ·
WOW, looks great !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.