Tinkerer's T-1 Alpha Build - Page 6 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Member Build Ups Section for members to post their FJ buildups.

131Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 12:53 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Re: Tinkerer's T-1 Alpha Build

What a beast!
HeisKai likes this.

>>>>>>>>>>2010armygreens slow build<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>ArmyGreens M416 Build<<<<<<<<

Garage
2010 FJ Army Green
2014 FJ Iceberg
M416 Trailer
Maggiolina Grand Tour Roof Top Tent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 215 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Joabmc previously said: View Post
Passed your rig on 78 several weeks(guessing late November) ago heading westbound around Cabellas. I was in my Tundra so it would have been really weird to honk and wave. Anyway, stocked you for several miles! Very impressive truck to say the least. You should jump on the trails with us some weekend.
Cool! Yes I am definitely down for some wheeling. Hit me up when you go next time!
Joabmc likes this.
post #53 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 10:19 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
HeisKai previously said: View Post
Cool! Yes I am definitely down for some wheeling. Hit me up when you go next time!

Guys are headed out to Anthracite on the 12th if your interested.
www.keystone-cruisers.com
Stop by and say hello!
debFJVT likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Joabmc previously said: View Post
Guys are headed out to Anthracite on the 12th if your interested.
www.keystone-cruisers.com
Stop by and say hello!
Wow it's a lot earlier than i thought lol. I just had my front end torn apart doing cam tab gussets and steering rack bushings. With the holidays i don't think i can make it to this one. But now i know the ih8mud forum page and will be on the look out for wheeling.
post #55 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 08:50 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)

Quote:
HeisKai previously said: View Post
Wow it's a lot earlier than i thought lol. I just had my front end torn apart doing cam tab gussets and steering rack bushings. With the holidays i don't think i can make it to this one. But now i know the ih8mud forum page and will be on the look out for wheeling.

Awesome! We normally head out the second Saturday of every month to either Rausch or Anthracite. It varies from 4-12 trucks depending on the month. If the group gets big, we’ll split up. And always a great group of folks in different yota’s. 40s, 60s, 80s, Tacos, 4Runners, FJCs, you name it...
Always welcome to jump in whenever it’s convenient for you. Just watch our page, a new thread is started each month for the run.
HeisKai likes this.
post #56 of 62 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)
Flex Comparison with Stock Taco

Took a rental car home from airport yesterday. Guess what they gave me? A 3rd gen TRD sport Taco! Of course I cannot simply return it without doing some flexing. Back out again with my poor man 13" tall CTI test ramps. The front swaybar was really hurting the front flex. There was only less than 3" difference in front fender to tire gap yet the rear was probably flexed all the way out. I can't measure the rear because the tire stuffed into the wheel well. You can see the Taco is leaning a lot with the front suspension. So a balanced front vs rear is important for good flex

Tinkerer's T-1 Alpha Build-incollage_20190210_222803250.jpg Tinkerer's T-1 Alpha Build-incollage_20190210_223948842.jpg
post #57 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)
Warrior Tube Flares

I have been wanting to do this mod for years and finally pulled the trigger. I wanted wider flares to cover the unbelievable amount of mud sling from long travel. I also need taller flares to clear 35s in up travel (i cut an arc on my stock front flares to clear them). At last to show more wheel well for look. I got just the front flares because that alone cost more than Bushwacker front and rear. In addition to cost, I step on my rear tire to access roof rack very often. I also had my rear fender less than 0.5" from trees on tight PA trails countless times. An extended rear flares will hinder me doing those 2 things. Function wise, I don't need any extra width or height like the front. So I left the rear stock.

With just the Warrior Tube flares themselves, they won't help too much on mud sling because the lack of mud flap. So I installed some Rally Armor universal mud flaps.

I've read reviews about the mounting not being secure. However, mine were pretty solid. I can rock the entire FJ back and forth by grabbing on these flares and they won't flex. And about the coverage for mud, it is very effective. I like the new taller wider look of these new flares. It's one of those mods that brings a big visual difference and you see every day. It sparks joy

Tinkerer's T-1 Alpha Build-lrm_export_281246999400657_20190527_214842763.jpg

Tinkerer's T-1 Alpha Build-lrm_export_281239061216597_20190527_214834825.jpg

Tinkerer's T-1 Alpha Build-20190527_194730_hdr.jpg

Tinkerer's T-1 Alpha Build-20190527_194756_hdr.jpg

Tinkerer's T-1 Alpha Build-20190527_194741_hdr.jpg

Tinkerer's T-1 Alpha Build-20190527_194631.jpg

Tinkerer's T-1 Alpha Build-lrm_export_82400948335438_20190529_224925156.jpg

Tinkerer's T-1 Alpha Build-20190602_174919_hdr.jpg
IDFJ, FJX2000, DubstepPear and 5 others like this.
post #58 of 62 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 03:14 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)

They look great. Not sure why there isnt anyone selling a similar design made of abs plastic in the US. The Japanese ones are $$$.

2013 Iceberg AT 4x4 | Ghost FJ Build | Instagram
post #59 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 11:07 AM
LW3
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

HeisKai...
Beautiful build up!

Have a question on your BD LP9's ... did you use the Baja wiring harness, and if so, their DPDT switch for the hi/lows?

I just purchased a set of LP6's for my Expedition One bumper and was going to OTRATTW for my switches. The DPDT seems like overkill for a total of 15 watts, so i am looking at an SPDT rocker for hi/lows - OR - just a single for Hi only (but i think i would like the option of the low spot availability). The amber DRL's in the spots will be on a separate switch.

Thanks - and again - great looking FJ!

Past: 2007 TRD SE -Lots o' stuff including an F250 Super Duty in the back...
Current: 2014 Black / Black Matte Roof / GOBI Stealth / ToyTec Lift / Rock Rails, steps / Method Race Wheels / Nitto Terra Grapplers / Black Out Trim / Ellis Precision / Clazzio leather seats / Diode Dynamics LEDS, Off Road lights, Bi-Xenon HID’s / THE Retrofit Source Halos / Scangauge II / SpringTail Solutions hooks, rear door shelf / '07 Headrests / Expedition One Diamond front bumper / ComeUp 9.5rsi winch
post #60 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
LW3 previously said: View Post
HeisKai...
Beautiful build up!

Have a question on your BD LP9's ... did you use the Baja wiring harness, and if so, their DPDT switch for the hi/lows?

I just purchased a set of LP6's for my Expedition One bumper and was going to OTRATTW for my switches. The DPDT seems like overkill for a total of 15 watts, so i am looking at an SPDT rocker for hi/lows - OR - just a single for Hi only (but i think i would like the option of the low spot availability). The amber DRL's in the spots will be on a separate switch.

Thanks - and again - great looking FJ!
Thanks man! I didn't use BD's harness. I did use a OTRATTW DPDT switch for hi-low. The 15W you mentioned is for the IPT lights only. Forward lights are 90W so each LP6 is 105W total, which is quite a lot. You would definitely need relays and not power the lights through the switch directly. So wattage shouldnt matter for switch anymore. I'm not too familiar with SPDT but looking at the diagram I feel it might work? I didn't think too much about it and just got the DPDT as they recommend.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Member Build Ups

Tags
bumper , custom , fabrication , long travel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in