Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Door lock/unlock programmable??

11K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  holmanm 
#1 ·
I was wondering if it is possible to program the FJ to auto unlock all doors when I shift into Park? I find it extremely annoying to park and get out and walk around to the back hatch with a handful of stuff to only find the door locked and have to walk back to drivers door and unlock it.

I'd even be happy with reprogramming the keyfob to unlock all doors with one push of the unlock button. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
#6 ·
the dealer can control the unlocking of all doors by pressing key fob unlock one time.

as for when in park, no.

#9 ·
the dealer can control the unlocking of all doors by pressing key fob unlock one time.
^^^ dealer did this on my 2011 for free, if I remember right there's a section in the back of the owner's manual that contains all of these configurable settings. Once they find the right menu they can do all of these for you really quickly.

#12 · (Edited)
I added a CompuStar CS600 remote start and now my FJ automatically locks all the doors after it starts, either manually or remotely, and I push the brake and unlocks all the doors automatically after I shut it off.

Just an FYI as an option. Gives you self programmable door locking options, farther remote distance, ability to lock/unlock a running vehicle and of course remote start for a cheap price. Only thing I lost with the new fob is Panic Mode but I still carry my old fob and use it to unlock the vehicle unless it is running or I need the distance to open it for someone else to access it. For some reason the panic button won't work on the new fob but still works fine on the old fob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.