Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Pillowtracks

5K views 34 replies 29 participants last post by  tlc4dr 
#1 ·
Even though we FJC'ers do successfully conquer many challenging rock climbs, we are still limited by our minimal lifts of 2-3", modestly-sized tires of 32-33", and IFS. At times, we do get stuck, sitting on the rear lower links, the front lower control arms, the sliders, the rear differential, etc, with one or two wheels spinning.

Pillowtrack is an innovation to facilitate traversing of challenging terrains or recovery of stuck vehicles.

Dependability?
Ease of use?
Ease of storage and transport?
Affordability?

Your thoughts?

PILLOWTRACK.COM

See less See more
#3 ·
You could just stack rocks to help.

#6 ·
makes me want to go sleepy

#7 ·
Maybe if they were available in colors to match your FJ:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Heard over the CB on the Rubicon.........

"Joe could you come up and put the pillows under my driver's front and passenger rear tires, those rocks look way too sharp for my tires. And bring my blanky too will ya"

#33 ·
agreed.

#8 ·
I've never had too much pride to pull a cable, take a bypass, etc. But wow... I can't imagine failing to get over an obstacle and breaking out the pillows. Can you imagine the #*&$ you'd hear ;)

On a more serious note - as EschObfus noted - I'd worry about the damn thing popping and causing a roll.

#14 ·
At $295 for the pair, stacking rocks is a cheap (free) alternative for rock crawling and sticks or other items placed under the wheels in sand is also cheap (free) unless something like tread tracks or 2x10s are used.

#15 · (Edited)
Hi,

Please notice that the Pillowtracks have a lifting ability (for vehicles of up to 7000lb)

This is to say it could lift your vehicle when jammed on high center or in deep sand.
(Using a standard compressor or a hand pump)

It will also save the sweat involved with step climbing and trench crossing

Yes, we know rock stacking is always an option, we are just to lazy :)

Pillowtrack

Attachments

#19 ·
"Funbags" DOH!

#20 ·
What else has a "lifting ability"? Oh, I know this one... hang on... it'll come to me... AH! Got it - a jack! I knew I'd remember. ;)

I've stacked rocks several time... haven't had one pop yet!

#21 ·
#23 ·
Meh....now if they would dual purpose as an air mattress you may be on to something! :-D

#26 ·
Hi,

A few clarifications:

Pillowtrack is more of a "Jacking Ladder" or a "Drive on Jack", eliminating the need for jacking and then rock stacking under your vehicle, and reducing the risk involved

As for popping: Pillowtracks are designed to hold pressures way higher than common exhaust jacks – it would surly hold a 7000lb vehicle…

ohh… and Pillowtracks are more compact than a hi lift or bridging ladders; weighing about half of each (~15lb for a Pillowtrack Pair)

Pillowtrack

#28 ·
You could make all of your armor out of them.

They are lighter than steel, and wouldn't harm the environment if you plumped a rock or poofed a tree :lol:

#29 ·
heck i'll tie them around my FJ and go play bumper cars!:clap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.