Pass/Trail Stickers for the Ouray Area - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
National Summit Discussion Open forum for discussing the upcoming National Summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Catalyst

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to OCR14a
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Pass/Trail Stickers for the Ouray Area

I don't have the skills, tools, connections or time to actually pick this one up and run with it, but I figured it might be time to centralize a thread for this idea since it's touched on almost every year, and I'm not sure where it goes.....or if it's ever ended up anywhere...

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-stickers.html

How much interest is there in these kinds of stickers for the Ouray area?
Over the years, we've found them at various stores in the area (in Ouray, Silverton and down in Durango).

I will eventually skim through all of these related threads from over the years, and post a list of stores that sell them here.

Also, if you are interested in being involved with creating new ones (maybe a design specific to the FJ Summit or to Toyota off-roading), post up here, and I will add your name to the OP as well.

Stores
Fetch's - Silverton

Interested in Creating New Ones

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 04:31 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
There is a store in Ouray that sells trail stickers and the t-shirt shop in Moab but both sell only for local trails. I have found that most cities have someone doing custom work that can do whatever you specifie. The campground that used to host the Great Smokey Trail Ride even had a machine that cut them. Check yellow pages in your area for sign makers and graphics.

Ace

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Alan "Ace" Brown * Book Cliff Cruisers * Smokey Mtn Cruisers * TLCA #18649 * Overland Certified * BRC *

2008 FJC AT Silver; All-Pro, ARB, BFG, Bud-built, Cobra, Eagle, Expedition One, Garmin, Nitro Gear (4.88), OME, PIAA, Pioneer, Viking, Warn, Yakima, over $18K so far.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 04:41 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Pass/Trail Stickers for the Ouray Area

Are you wanting to make new stickers for every trail or just one for the 2012 Summit?

-Nick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Catalyst

(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Re: Pass/Trail Stickers for the Ouray Area

Quote:
Ace Brown previously said: View Post
There is a store in Ouray that sells trail stickers and the t-shirt shop in Moab but both sell only for local trails. I have found that most cities have someone doing custom work that can do whatever you specifie. The campground that used to host the Great Smokey Trail Ride even had a machine that cut them. Check yellow pages in your area for sign makers and graphics.

Ace
Indeed. If you have any specific store names for places that sell stickers for the trails in the Ouray area, please post up and I will add them to the list.

Quote:
Xx_Black-out previously said: View Post
Are you wanting to make new stickers for every trail or just one for the 2012 Summit?
I started this thread last June prior to the 2011 Summit, and I put it in the general FJ Summit sub-section so that it doesn't get lost in the sub-section for any given year's Summit.

Since there is already an official sticker for the Summit itself (i.e. the one each driver gets to put on windshield), and since the Summit organizers would have to sign off on such a thing, I'm not really thinking of that here in this context.

This is just about stickers for the trails in the area.... Imogene Pass, Engineer Pass, Black Bear Pass, Poughkeepsie Gulch, etc.

Mainly, I was just intending this to be a thread in which we could list the names/locations of stores that sell such stickers, because this question comes up every year in the Summit threads for each Summit, and I figured it would be good to just make it sort of a 'sticky' for all years by placing it here in the general area.

As for making new ones, if someone wants to do that, I will publicize it here.
I do know somebody that had some Sandstorm ones made, but I don't know if he's making lots of them or not.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 04:51 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
There is a store on main st in downtown Ouray that sells the trail stickers. Don't recall the name but it won't take much shopping to find it. One year it sold out early.

Ace

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Alan "Ace" Brown * Book Cliff Cruisers * Smokey Mtn Cruisers * TLCA #18649 * Overland Certified * BRC *

2008 FJC AT Silver; All-Pro, ARB, BFG, Bud-built, Cobra, Eagle, Expedition One, Garmin, Nitro Gear (4.88), OME, PIAA, Pioneer, Viking, Warn, Yakima, over $18K so far.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 12:24 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage

Every T-shirt shop in Durango, Silverton, Ouray, Telluride, and Moab sell them. There are several in each town on Main Street.

The KOA in Ouray also sells them at the front desk

The trail stickers are made by Alpen Glow decals

Welcome to Alpenglow Decals. Stickers representing Ouray, Silverton and Telluride jeeping trails and 4WD destinations. - HOME

The townie stickers are made by TGT Stickers

http://tgtstickers.com/

Hope that helps

"The probability of anyone watching you do something is in direct proportion to the stupidity of what you are doing" - Warren Miller
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Catalyst

(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Re: Pass/Trail Stickers for the Ouray Area

Quote:
Witch_Doctor previously said: View Post
Every T-shirt shop in Durango, Silverton, Ouray, Telluride, and Moab sell them. There are several in each town on Main Street.

The KOA in Ouray also sells them at the front desk

The trail stickers are made by Alpen Glow decals

Welcome to Alpenglow Decals. Stickers representing Ouray, Silverton and Telluride jeeping trails and 4WD destinations. - HOME

The townie stickers are made by TGT Stickers

http://tgtstickers.com/

Hope that helps
I'm pretty sure they're not all made by just those two makers (there are at least a few different kinds that I've seen over the years, and they seem different enough that they must come from different makers, but I could be wrong. I don't know if you've been to every shop in all of the surrounding towns (Ouray, Silverton, Telluride, Lake City, etc) and seen every option out there yet.

In any case though...
Thanks. Every little tip helps.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Forum Regular

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
OCR14a previously said: View Post
I'm pretty sure they're not all made by just those two makers (there are at least a few different kinds that I've seen over the years, and they seem different enough that they must come from different makers, but I could be wrong. I don't know if you've been to every shop in all of the surrounding towns (Ouray, Silverton, Telluride, Lake City, etc) and seen every option out there yet.

In any case though...
Thanks. Every little tip helps.
They are, in fact TGT Stickers pretty much has a corner on the market, specifically making stickers for ski resorts, resort towns, etc.

"The probability of anyone watching you do something is in direct proportion to the stupidity of what you are doing" - Warren Miller
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Catalyst

(Thread Starter)

Wow. That's interesting. I'm going to check at Fetch's when we're there. Not that I don't think you're right, but it just seems strange to me....and unrealistic

Since you seem to know some kind of inside info, I suspect you're right though...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 09:36 AM
Forum Superstar

Two stickers to look for while traveling thru the Grand Valley are the "WTF" (Welcome to Fruita) and "21 Road Toad". Both would be rather different to have.

A grilled cheese, please!

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in