Summit 2007/2008 accountability - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
National Summit Discussion Open forum for discussing the upcoming National Summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Forum Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: Summit 2007/2008 accountability

Quote:
Savvyav previously said: View Post
Umm.. anyone notice it's THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS!!!!! I'm sure numbers will be put together shortly. Give um a break, geeez, can you say..holiday!
Umm... reading comprehension never hurts... they said they would post the numbers TWO weeks ago. I did not spring this on them the day after Xmas. And I have always said they did a great job. (lol, the whole thread was only 10 posts..., ADD?)

If you raised a large amount for charity, why would you wait 6 months to post it? If they are doing this for profit, I don't care, I'll still pay and go to it. Just LET US KNOW.

Savvyav, read the whole thread, not ragging, just wanted info.

Last edited by 5280FJ; 12-26-2007 at 11:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 07:12 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bostonian1976
Lifetime Supporting Member

I really don't enjoy the tone of this post. It's the holidays - we are all with our families. The problem for me is that this isn't the first time 5280 has posted something that is pushy for the team- last year it was a few other topics.

We'll have your numbers. In the meantime let us enjoy the holdays. We did this FOR FREE FOR YOU - please try not to forget that. Thanks.

Sorry if that makes me sound like a jerk - I personally have been incredibly busy as have the rest of us. Please try not to forget this is not our primary job, and that we all have careers that take up exceptional amounts of our time. In addition the Summit takes up another BIG portion of our free time. We may not always deliver on time, but we do always deliver.

MT6 Titanium

ARB roof rack, BFG AT KO's, Demello sliders, skid (bling) plate, TRD exhaust, VIP, UR2, and side airbags.

--
'64 Land Rover Series IIa Station Wagon

--

Come to the 2008 FJ Summit!! http://www.fjsummit.org

Last edited by Bostonian1976; 12-27-2007 at 07:58 AM.
post #13 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
Savvyav previously said: View Post
Umm.. anyone notice it's THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS!!!!! I'm sure numbers will be put together shortly. Give um a break, geeez, can you say..holiday!

My semi related rant:
Oh, and after seeing the stuff put together, hours in, banners, etc atta boy is cool and all, but these guys (I think) an OVER comprehensive package (no way ANYONE could be at all places all times, all trails, all raffles.....over load!!!)

So give them a break, Iím sure this next run will cover a lot of these issues (where money went, getting trail guides ahead of time to commit to schedule, time, and rules. This was a small group, wearing many hats. Please donít fault as if organization isnít a strength, just a lot to contend with.

Oh, and PS Boston and crew, you suck (didnít want any big heads, you wouldnít fit in your FJ.)
lol thank you! that was nice to hear. The FJ is big - my head will still fit!

MT6 Titanium

ARB roof rack, BFG AT KO's, Demello sliders, skid (bling) plate, TRD exhaust, VIP, UR2, and side airbags.

--

--

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Garage

I've got your back Bostonian !

If anyone doubts you, just send them to the Woodsman and they'll get treated to the "double-edged axe appendectomy" for free.

Mwuuhahaha . . . . Mwuhahaha

FJ Summit Co-Director since 2013 email: james at fjsummit dot org

2008 Sandstorm FJ Cruiser
2019 White TRD Premium 4Runner

I am the Woodsman...the four-wheelin', tree-farmin', custom-furniture-makin' descendant of Olaf "The Woodcutter" Ingjaldsson.
post #15 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Bostonian1976 previously said: View Post
I really don't enjoy the tone of this post. It's the holidays - we are all with our families. The problem for me is that this isn't the first time 5280 has posted something that is pushy for the team- last year it was a few other topics.

We'll have your numbers. In the meantime let us enjoy the holdays. We did this FOR FREE FOR YOU - please try not to forget that. Thanks.

Sorry if that makes me sound like a jerk - I personally have been incredibly busy as have the rest of us. Please try not to forget this is not our primary job, and that we all have careers that take up exceptional amounts of our time. In addition the Summit takes up another BIG portion of our free time. We may not always deliver on time, but we do always deliver.
You are not coming off as a jerk, the "other" poster is. As I have shared with you before, I have put on events of similar magnitude and I'm always amazed how there are those that feel they need to know the intimate details of how every dollar was spent as well as justification for doing so.

You are only truly accountable to yourself, partners and IRS. Yes, you guys have been more than open and upfront with virtually every aspect of the event, that is your choice but not a requirement.

If anyone wants to see such information, the respectable thing to do is go through the PM process and not "call you out" on the forum. Remember what I told you at the Summit that this would happen. No matter how well everything goes, the MASSIVE amount of giveaways in the raffle, incredibly smooth operation for a seasoned event, let alone a first time event, there will be those that want to put the organizer's feet to the fire.

I wouldn't expect anything from the "accounting" department until the next event, where the organizers can stand up and publicly announce to the participants the past event's proceeds, which organizations received "X" amount of donations, even give a representative the "giant check" as a photo op/positive publicity/promotion time.

But, being pressured on this forum is bad form...

See me on ih8mud...
'07 GSJ15, well enhanced SOLD
'97 FZJ80 OME J
'77 FJ45
Olde North State Cruisers TLCA delegate
Train Hard, Rest Harder
TLCA 17784 - FCC KJ4KGF
post #16 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
Mtbcoach previously said: View Post
You are not coming off as a jerk, the "other" poster is. As I have shared with you before, I have put on events of similar magnitude and I'm always amazed how there are those that feel they need to know the intimate details of how every dollar was spent as well as justification for doing so.

You are only truly accountable to yourself, partners and IRS. Yes, you guys have been more than open and upfront with virtually every aspect of the event, that is your choice but not a requirement.

If anyone wants to see such information, the respectable thing to do is go through the PM process and not "call you out" on the forum. Remember what I told you at the Summit that this would happen. No matter how well everything goes, the MASSIVE amount of giveaways in the raffle, incredibly smooth operation for a seasoned event, let alone a first time event, there will be those that want to put the organizer's feet to the fire.

I wouldn't expect anything from the "accounting" department until the next event, where the organizers can stand up and publicly announce to the participants the past event's proceeds, which organizations received "X" amount of donations, even give a representative the "giant check" as a photo op/positive publicity/promotion time.

But, being pressured on this forum is bad form...
When I saw this post, I actually thought of you telling me this sort of thing would happen.

That's our plan next year by the way - to hand over the checks at the dinner, and it will be a nicer exchange for us and the town.
post #17 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Jason, don't forget to add the "VOLUNTEER" t-shirt that ya'll gave
Makayla (LilMissTNSquire) for helping pack the driver bags
and selling raffle tickets & Summit merchandise.

I would hate to think she got one for just being cute.

Terry

2007 FJ Cruiser TRD SE - SOLD
2000 Land Cruiser UZJ100 The Wife's - SOLD
20?? FJ Cruiser - Coming Soon
2008 4 Runner Limited - Let the modding begin

My TRD Build Up

Have you tried FIREFOX with AdBlocker +
post #18 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
TennesseeSquire previously said: View Post
Jason, don't forget to add the "VOLUNTEER" t-shirt that ya'll gave
Makayla (LilMissTNSquire) for helping pack the driver bags
and selling raffle tickets & Summit merchandise.

I would hate to think she got one for just being cute.

ha nice! Great picture. I believe that was the first time I met Mike (Shadow Warrior). Makayla helped us out a lot - she was a trooper!

MT6 Titanium

--

--

post #19 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 08:05 AM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
Bostonian1976 previously said: View Post

You are not a jerk! I agree with all you said! Happy holidays!!

And for that other poster, you can ask Bostonian...I am not a patient person...., but COME ON!!!

Kathy De Lisle
[email protected]

07 Sun Fusion 6speed stik
3" Rough Country Lift / Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor 285/70/17 / Atrak Hacky Sack
post #20 of 80 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Forum Veteran

I wouldn't be coming back to the Summit if I didn't trust the event organizers and the way the whole event was run. I am very grateful they had the foresight to make donations in the first place. The conduct of the event organizers, the participants and the donations all helped the Summit gain a nice respect from the locals in and around Ouray. I have been up to Ouray twice since the event last summer and the whole town loved having this new bunch of FJers come to town.
Keep up the good work people, your efforts are appreciated.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!!

Tomas
Santa Fe

"Work is the curse of the drinking class." - Oscar Wilde

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in