Summit 2007/2008 accountability - Page 8 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
National Summit Discussion Open forum for discussing the upcoming National Summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Summit 2007/2008 accountability

Thanks Tim, came in the mail Tuesday the 8th

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 01:18 PM

I'm going to a concert next week. I will be sure to ask the road manager exactly where my ticket money is going. And maybe every other event that I ever pay to go to from now on. How many actually paid & came to this event because of where their money was going? I'd venture to say not many. Like most, we come for the experience & adventure. I would also venture to say that few of the people on this thread have ever put on any type of event besides a bbq in their back yard. Until you do, you have NO idea the time, effort & funding that it takes to put on any type of event. I on the othe hand do...& I say great job to all involved! Tim, Seth & Ty if you all put every dime into your own pocket, I would say well deserved compensation for many huge headaches that you & your families have endured in order to put on a great event for others!

Last edited by okiefjgirl; 09-16-2009 at 01:26 PM.
post #73 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Forum Regular

This forum and the forum summit, is much like certain restaurants, if you like the service and the food enjoy it.

You will probably be much happier NOT poking around in the kitchen....
Does this look like a cat bone to you?

A good day, is a day that ends with a St. Bernardus ABT 12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bostonian1976
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
okiefjgirl previously said: View Post
I'm going to a concert next week. I will be sure to ask the road manager exactly where my ticket money is going. And maybe every other event that I ever pay to go to from now on. How many actually paid & came to this event because of where their money was going? I'd venture to say not many. Like most, we come for the experience & adventure. I would also venture to say that few of the people on this thread have ever put on any type of event besides a bbq in their back yard. Until you do, you have NO idea the time, effort & funding that it takes to put on any type of event. I on the othe hand do...& I say great job to all involved! Tim, Seth & Ty if you all put every dime into your own pocket, I would say well deserved compensation for many huge headaches that you & your families have endured in order to put on a great event for others!
just a reminder that concerts are put on by for-profit ripoff artists like Ticketmaster. The Summit is a non-profit organization with original intent set up to benefit organizations to which we were contributing. apples to oranges

MT6 Titanium

ARB roof rack, BFG AT KO's, Demello sliders, skid (bling) plate, TRD exhaust, VIP, UR2, and side airbags.

--
'64 Land Rover Series IIa Station Wagon

--

Come to the 2008 FJ Summit!! http://www.fjsummit.org
post #75 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Bostonian1976 previously said: View Post
just a reminder that concerts are put on by for-profit ripoff artists like Ticketmaster. The Summit is a non-profit organization with original intent set up to benefit organizations to which we were contributing. apples to oranges
What would you know, you've never put on an event like this!!! Go back to yer BBQ!

-Mike (W7FJC)
check out my BLOG thing...
AZFJ.org - Arizona FJ Cruisers!
Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
post #76 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
tibaal89 previously said: View Post
What would you know, you've never put on an event like this!!! Go back to yer BBQ!

lol true -

cheeseburgers anyone?

MT6 Titanium

ARB roof rack, BFG AT KO's, Demello sliders, skid (bling) plate, TRD exhaust, VIP, UR2, and side airbags.

--

--

post #77 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Bostonian1976 previously said: View Post

Jason, thank you for you insight, however, I am quite knowledgable on how the concert industry works, and not all concerts are put on by for profit agencies. Believe me, we have been involved & offered our services, time & equipment to many "benefit" concerts & have never once asked to see tax documents afterwards to see how the money was divided up.
Also, I think that the statement that original intent of the Summit was to benefit other organizations rather than FJ owners & members of this forum is interesting. I certainly have not trailered audio equipment from Oklahoma to Ouray for the last 2 years in order to make sure that a child in Ouray receives a $500 scholarship. Maybe I was involved for the wrong reasons. If it were about charity to me, I would have saved my travel expenses & wrote a check to the local school in which my children are enrolled.
post #78 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
Jason, thank you for you insight, however, I am quite knowledgable on how the concert industry works, and not all concerts are put on by for profit agencies. Believe me, we have been involved & offered our services, time & equipment to many "benefit" concerts & have never once asked to see tax documents afterwards to see how the money was divided up.
Also, I think that the statement that original intent of the Summit was to benefit other organizations rather than FJ owners & members of this forum is interesting. I certainly have not trailered audio equipment from Oklahoma to Ouray for the last 2 years in order to make sure that a child in Ouray receives a $500 scholarship. Maybe I was involved for the wrong reasons. If it were about charity to me, I would have saved my travel expenses & wrote a check to the local school in which my children are enrolled.

the idea was a healthy mix - benefit FJ owners while contributing to the community that supported us. I'll leave it to everyone else to decide if they think that healthy mix is being achieved

MT6 Titanium

--

--

post #79 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Garage

Dragging the past and present Summit organizers through the mud over and over is getting quite ridiculous. I think far too many of the posters on this thread are splitting hairs. Can't you all just be happy that you aren't the one(s) faced with organizing this event every year ? Can't you all just be happy that we have a national event where we can get together, have a good time, meet good folks with the same interests (FJs), explore magnificent landscapes, and give something back to the community ?

PS, regardless whether the original intent was to benefit other organizations or not, it is necessary in order to ensure that we are welcomed in future years . . . and it is the right thing to do since we are almost taking over their great trail system for several days each summer.

FJ Summit Co-Director since 2013 email: james at fjsummit dot org

2008 Sandstorm FJ Cruiser
2019 White TRD Premium 4Runner

I am the Woodsman...the four-wheelin', tree-farmin', custom-furniture-makin' descendant of Olaf "The Woodcutter" Ingjaldsson.
post #80 of 80 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Misty:

Nicely put.

I think I can speak for the FJSummit.org, and most of the attendees, about how much we appreciate your contribution to the event! Many may not realize the goodwill, hard work and personal expense you provide without asking for a thing. The REALLY professional sound system is a godsend!

Thanks again Misty!

FJSummit.org
Stealth Maestro T2 Shmoove 2010 2010 TLCA member 17227

"FJSummit is a gathering of family and friends who, incidentally, drive bad-ass Toyotas "
T2

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in