What percentage of the Summit proceeds are going to keep our trails open...? - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
National Summit Discussion Open forum for discussing the upcoming National Summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 12:36 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Re: What percentage of the Summit proceeds are going to keep our trails open...?

Quote:
sbechtold previously said: View Post
I would like to know what percentage of the Summit proceeds are being donated to organizations like the Blue Ribbon Coalition to keep our trails open?
I personally think it would be a wonderful gesture for the Summit Org to mail a check and a letter to the BRC or whatever organization they deem appropriate.

1% ? $750/$74762
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:56 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: What percentage of the Summit proceeds are going to keep our trails open...?

Quote:
RoverGGM previously said: View Post
(From the 2007 event) 990-EZ filed 7/14/2008 with the IRS for FJSUMMIT.ORG INC
Quote:
RoverGGM previously said: View Post

For the 2008 Event (from the 990-EZ filed with the IRS):
These numbers appear correct.

FJ Summit is a not for profit corporation that contributes to Charities. FJ Summit is not classified as a Charity since most of the funds are used for event expenses directly for the participants. In 2007 the CoDirectors were legally reimbursed for travel and event expenses. In 2008 the CoDirectors were additionally compensated and additional funds (15K) were held in reserve for next years event. In 2009 the Directors were not compensated but were reimbursed for travel expenses. and residual funds (we squeaked by with less than 5K) were held in reserve for next year.

Regarding contributing to various organization, we are not permitted to contribute to any organization that has lobbyists. Hence we have not contributed to Tread Lightly this year but have contributed and support Colorado's "STAY the Trail" organization. I believe the Blue Ribbon Coalition also is a lobbying organization. Maybe somebody could research this and clarify. We would be happy to contribute if they are not.

The tax return information is public and can be published here.Thanks Rover for your good information.

Any questions may be directed toward me via email or in person. [email protected]

FJSummit.org
Stealth Maestro T2 Shmoove 2010 2010 TLCA member 17227

"FJSummit is a gathering of family and friends who, incidentally, drive bad-ass Toyotas "
T2

Last edited by t2cruiser; 08-31-2009 at 07:32 AM. Reason: fixed email address
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 07:46 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

I also know that due to the organizers' efforts at the raffle, the boys from "Rescue Tellico" (I apologize for not knowing their forum names), and those of Mark Hawley at MetalTech who matched all the funds that were donated, that a nearly $400 contribution was made to the legal fund to re-open Tellico, not to mention the attention that was brought to this situation. Mark made it clear that everyone should be concerned with what was going on in Tennessee, because it could happen in your back yard next. New Jersey already lost almost all if its legal areas to wheel, we just lost Paragon. There are intangible benefits that cannot be listed on a 401K that occurred at the Summit.

Kudos to all the Summit organizers.

'07 TRD SE "The Black Hole"
6MT, Loaded, aFe CAI.
ARB Touring Rack with Simpson II RTT
OME Med, Safari Snorkel
Steelies w/ 34x10.5R17 Super Swampers
Stock BFG AT/KOs for Daily Driving
MetalTech Front w/ new 5250 Alum Bash Plate
PIAA 520 Crystal Ion Fog/Driving
Full Ricochet Skid Setup

TLCA 19588
GCLC 2130
FJNorthEasters.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)

I too want to add my appreciation to all the hard work and sacrifices that the Summit Organizers (and their families) accomplish in preparation for a truly enjoyable week in Ouray every year. The Summit event is something I look forward to each year. I speak as a veteran of Summits I, II, and III.

“Kansas Law Dog” for admiration of “Tombstone”, the movie, and the legend of Wyatt Earp.

2007 Titanium 4x4 Automatic (stock except non-factory rock rails)
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 11:26 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
C5Drvr previously said: View Post
I also know that due to the organizers' efforts at the raffle, the boys from "Rescue Tellico" (I apologize for not knowing their forum names), and those of Mark Hawley at MetalTech who matched all the funds that were donated, that a nearly $400 contribution was made to the legal fund to re-open Tellico, not to mention the attention that was brought to this situation. Mark made it clear that everyone should be concerned with what was going on in Tennessee, because it could happen in your back yard next. New Jersey already lost almost all if its legal areas to wheel, we just lost Paragon. There are intangible benefits that cannot be listed on a 401K that occurred at the Summit.

Kudos to all the Summit organizers.
Thanks for the mention....

yes, we (Lowcountry Land Cruisers) ended up raising nearly $900 between the adhoc auction I held at the MetalTech party and the charitable contributions during the Saturday Raffle Night of FJ SUMMIT. This money is actually being presented to an officer of the Southern Four Wheel Drive Association in September to go directly to the fight to get Tellico Reopened. Just think of the work that could be done if there were 200 people working towards this goal instead of just two that did it spur of the moment for trip to Ouray.

Thanks to Mark (MetalTech) and our other supporters we met along the way...it is greatly appreciated.

I have a high art, I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me.- Archilochus, 650BC
USAF (Retired)
NRA Life Member
------
00 LX470, Nitto Trail Grapplers, WhiteKnuckle sliders, BumpItOffroad front and rear, Titan winch

Swamp Fox Land Cruisers of South Carolina

Lowcountry AMSOIL Products

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in