What percentage of the Summit proceeds are going to keep our trails open...? - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
National Summit Discussion Open forum for discussing the upcoming National Summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
What percentage of the Summit proceeds are going to keep our trails open...?

I would like to know what percentage of the Summit proceeds are being donated to organizations like the Blue Ribbon Coalition to keep our trails open?

We are losing more and more trails everyday and it's imperative that we (all of us) support the organizations that work to keep our sport alive. While I don't have visibility into what is required to throw and event like this, I can only assume that based on the costs for participants and vendors that there will be some level of surplus funding after all is said and done. I personally think it would be a wonderful gesture for the Summit Org to mail a check and a letter to the BRC or whatever organization they deem appropriate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: What percentage of the Summit proceeds are going to keep our trails open...?

Good call

--
2015 Tundra Crew Max
SOLD: 2007 TiSi FJC, 2007 4Runner Sport, 2007 TRD FJC, 2006 Tundra TRD, 2007 GX-470, 2014 SEMA 4Runner
TLCA#18775 | K2TRL |
Back Country Navigation

Find us on Facebook & Twitter too!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to taltyman
Re: What percentage of the Summit proceeds are going to keep our trails open...?

My assumption is that any profit from the summit is divided up between the guys that set up and run the summit. So wouldn't that be the same as asking them to personally donate?

Follow the yellow brick.
Multivex mirrors, BudBuilt skid, Bandi mount, Midland CB, Firestick, Baja Rack, SAW full suspension, MB 72 black rims, Duratrac p285's, body mount chop, on engine number 2. But it's gone now... So I just hang around

Everything I post is for entertainment purposes only. Any comments about anything political is not intended to be.

My signature picture is our vacation home in Ouray, Colorado about 3 blocks from the FJ Summit HQ.

1967 IH Scout

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Formerly FJ_Marine

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
taltyman previously said: View Post
My assumption is that any profit from the summit is divided up between the guys that set up and run the summit. So wouldn't that be the same as asking them to personally donate?
It is my understanding that they dont make a penny off organizing the summit.

Dave
1984 FJ60

[O]=TOYOTA=[O]

^^^ CLICK TO SEE MY 1984 FJ60 PROJECT ^^^
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wether or not funds are earmarked for this purpose (if anything is left over after all the expense of putting on an event of this magnitude) the point has been made, and a fund should be organized.

A collection can at regiatration is absolutely a MUST! Many large event groups set up a Mud fund or a trail use fund and we should do it also. Put me down for $10 bucks, and I challenge all those going to the Summit to do the same!

SonicFJ
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The funds are spread out to many charitable organizations and I believe that is one of them. The summit organizers make no money off of this!

The town of Ouray was very greatful for everything that the Summit did for them...and we have the summit organizers to thank for that! They do a great job!

Kathy De Lisle
[email protected]

07 Sun Fusion 6speed stik
3" Rough Country Lift / Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor 285/70/17 / Atrak Hacky Sack
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
FJ_Marine previously said: View Post
It is my understanding that they dont make a penny off organizing the summit.
Then I think there needs to be an 'about us' or something similar to that effect in FJSummit 2008 National Meet that states that fact. I admit to not being the brightest person around so maybe I was the only one who didn't know that the fjsummit.org was basically non-profit.

Follow the yellow brick.
Multivex mirrors, BudBuilt skid, Bandi mount, Midland CB, Firestick, Baja Rack, SAW full suspension, MB 72 black rims, Duratrac p285's, body mount chop, on engine number 2. But it's gone now... So I just hang around

Everything I post is for entertainment purposes only. Any comments about anything political is not intended to be.

My signature picture is our vacation home in Ouray, Colorado about 3 blocks from the FJ Summit HQ.

1967 IH Scout

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Has anyone from the Summit team invited any of the various organizations to participate at the Summit? If these organizations were present I think it would be a great way for them to raise awareness and funds. I love the idea of a donation can and I will personally stuff it full of cash.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Forum Veteran

Ok, found the thread that is relevant for last years summit. https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ability-3.html
and I guess I was asleep at the wheel during that time period.
Here's a cut/paste from the relevant post
Quote:
Bostonian1976 previously said: View Post
nothing is wrong with asking where it went...........guh. the tone just wasn't cool.

next year we're doing this differently. money will be presented at the dinner, end of story.

anyway - here is what I know of charity money -

500 to chamber of commerce of Ouray
1K to Ouray Police Dept
2K to Ouray Mtn Rescue
500?? to Tread Lightly

I'll ask Tim if there is more or if there are adjustments.

We still have money in the bank for this year's event.

And just so you know - we cut it REALLY tight with expenses, etc. Remember the admission fee (not much), and the raffle monies weren't huge at all (we hope to sell more this year).

This year's event will give us an opportunity to give more to charities. A first year event is just getting us started - second year will give us some extra I hope. The difference comes from raffle tickets - keep that in mind while you are there.

Let me know of any questions. Thanks
Anyway I hope that helps. I still think a blurb on the summit web page would help or maybe a sticky on the summit forum. Then even us nimrods might understand.

Follow the yellow brick.

1967 IH Scout

Last edited by taltyman; 06-11-2008 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Added post
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 116 Post(s)

I remember reading that they (the great folks that organize the Summit) give to charities, and wasn't the least bit concerned it was being pocketed.

I too will thrown in on more contributions - as much as I can afford, and with gas going through the roof just before this shin-dig, it won't be too much unfortunately.

Past: 2007 Black Diamond FJC - totaled
Present: 2012 Trail Team Edition Radiant Red

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in