Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Smp!!!

3K views 33 replies 31 participants last post by  mountain mike 
#1 ·
I say again, **** My Pants!!! That is all.

I have lurked throughout this site for almost 2 years now and have studies the FJ through your knowledge and experiences hoping to one day purchase one of these beasts. I am currently in the Army and have spent the last 9 months in Afghanistan. I returned Tuesday evening to bags that never arrived, an empty Barracks room, and no vehicle (Due to selling prior to deployment). Yesterday, a buddy said he was going to grab some lunch and get an oil change at the local dealer. I said I would go in order to grab a good American meal and see what the market looked like for a new "used" vehicle. Not wanting to overspend and defanately live outside of my budget, I was pretty optomistic about my potential options.

We arrived at the dealer and checked his Jeep into service. I began walking around the used lot in order to see the available options. A salesman greeted me and I told him my budget and what I was looking for. The available options were pretty dissapointing and the best I saw was a '09 Nissan Pathfinder. Not impressed I was about to leave, when the salesman said, I have an FJ we just took in on trade this morning, if your interested. Figuring it was out of my price range, I figured it would atleast be nice to see one in person again and maybe just drive it for nostalgia.

We walked to the back of the lot and sitting next to an old rusted out Scout II fitted with a snow plow was a 2007 Voodoo Blue FJ. I proceeded to it thinking, defanately out of my price range, but lets have a look anyway. I was fitted with aftermarket sliders with no obvious signs of damage, Toyota sub-woofer mounted in the rear, TRD and aftermarket skidplates under the entire rig, a rear locker, less than 90,000 miles and brand new 33" mud tires. It was FJ living up to its reputation, and I was amazed. The salesman said he'd go get the key and we could take it for a ride.

When he returned we took it out, changed out seats, and put it through some tests. I was amazed. My 6'4" 220 pound frame fit amazingly comfortable and I could not believe the feel of the drive. Telling the salesman it was, alright, I asked what they were asking for it. The salesman said, they had only taken it in that morning and it hadnt even been on the sales lot, but that when he told the sales manager someone was already interested, the sales manager gave him a price. He told me what they were asking and it was outside of my budget by about $3,000. I told him this and that I was pretty fixed on the ceiling of my spending. We returned to the lot and dropped the vehicle and salesman off at the front of the business. I went back to the service department in order to get my friends jeep out of service. The salesman came in about ten minutes later and told me, he talked to the salesmanager about my budget and what I was willing to pay for the vehicle. He then said that they were willing to sell the vehicle to me below the ceiling of my budget if I was willing to buy the vehicle pending inspection through the service department. I about **** my pants!

We completed the paperwork and have now signed a temporary contract pending no issues found during the inspection. I will find out by mid-afternoon tomorrow if the vehicle is cleared, and should the results be positive, I will be an FJ owner by tomorrow night.

I am praying all is cleared and that by tomorrow evening, I will be fortunate enough to own one of these amazing vehicles!

See less See more
#5 ·
Sounds like a win-win, whoohooo Congratulations buddy! Let me be the first to share a beer in celebration! :cheers:

#6 ·
Good luck.

#8 ·
Awesome! Congrats on the soon to be FJ.

#12 ·
Good luck! :bigthumb:

#16 ·
Have to say..cant think of anyone who deserves this deal more than a patriot like you... My hat off to you and I thank you for your service to our freedom...I hope the FJ works out...

#17 ·
#18 ·
:rocker: SUCCESS!!!!!!!! :rocker:

As of last night I took delivery of a beautifully clean 2007 Voodoo Blue FJ...during the inspection the vehicle needed new brakes and a windshield, therefore I had to wait until yesterday evening to take delivery. The paperwork was signed and back to post I drove! I am extremely blessed and excited to own this outstanding vehicle! Now to get Colorado plates!

#21 ·
welcome.

#22 ·
Congrats on your new FJ! The Voodoo is my favorite color FJ besides all black so I'm sure it's a nice looking rig. Make sure to post up pictures soon!!

#24 ·
I caught myself wondering how this ended (Outside of photographing my neighbors through a home-made periscope, I don't get out much... lots of time to think).

Congratulations on nabbing a great find. You deserve all the good karma you can get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.