Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Am I nuts?

2K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Smalldog 
#1 ·
Hello all. I've been going back and forth on whether or not I should trade in my 2012 Tacoma DC for an FJ. The truck is obviously brand new (only 3600 miles on it, every available option including factory NAV) not a scratch or stain on it. There's something i love about an FJ that I can't describe. Am I nuts for thinking about trading? Thanks

#2 ·
#3 ·
not nuts, but not a financially prudent move. unless money is not a worry.

if you were that in love with it, why did you buy the Tacoma over the FJ at that time. Unless that reason drastically changed I would stay with my original choice.

If the FJ still possesses you in a year then make a move.

#6 ·
I know.:) I guess I just need a little push towards making the purchase. We have 3 cars so this would be the expo vehicle. The FJ might get used once a month. I found a new fairly loaded FJ in all white for $31k.

#5 ·
You've come to the right place for crazy.
We all love our FJ's.
I've had mine for over two years now and I have no regrets.
:cheers:

#8 ·
I love my FJ far more than I loved my Tacoma. And before the FJ, I thought the Tacoma was the perfect rig for me. I don't miss it a bit :rocker:

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#10 ·
Go for it! :bigthumb:

#11 ·
Soooo I've talking with Steven Toyota which is not to far from me about a 2012, Black/White with everything but a roof rack (which I don't want anyway) and will make the drive tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for the responses guys!

#12 ·
You dont need a roof rack- topless rocks :D

Hope to hear you have a new FJ soon. Love Tacos though- it was a tough decision for me when I had to chose between the too.

#20 ·
Congrats!

Pics or it never happened!!!

Did you get the iceberg FJ? They took 5k off sticker? If so that's pretty good I think because there aren't tons of discounts.

#23 ·
#26 ·
Congratulations !!!! Now take that $5K and go buy some mods ;);)

#27 ·
Well, I already have an Eezi-Awn 1600 T-Top RTT, ARB awning w/mesquito netting, ARB fridge w/slide and a National Luna dual battery setup (ordered weeks ago but still on back order) and tons of other crap like Pelican cases, ARB camping chairs. Before my 2012 Tacoma I had an 09 Tacoma with OME lift, ARB bumper and a Warn M8000. I'm more into the camping/overlanding type stuff. First up is getting an ARB Touring rack and mounting my fridge. After that, who knows?

#28 ·
Nice black! I dig the overland as well. See you on the expedition trail...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.