Newbie Discussions A flame free zone

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Re: Any reason(s) to buy a 2011 FJ over a 2010?

Quote:
ArcticWolf previously said: View Post
Thinking is what separates me from a zebra or a worm. Thinking is useful. I'm not rich so I care about how I spend my money -- especially if I need financing to make the purchase.
I get it. My rule of thumb is about an hour of research per 100 bucks i am spending on something.

2012 CAVALRY BLUE \ 285\70R17 GOODYEAR DURATRACKS \ OLD MAN EMU HEAVY SUSPENSION \ METAL TECH REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS \ RICOCHET HEAVY DUTY ALUMINUM SKIDS \ ARB BUMPER, (WITH CUSTOM INSTALLED BOTTLE OPENER) \ 1200LB BADLANDS WINCH \ DEMELLO OFFROAD ROUND TUBE SLIDERS \ M-PAC REAR SIDE RACK \ MAGGIOLINA AIR LAND RTT \ ENGLE MR040 \ LIGHTINSIGHT \ MIDLAND 75-822 WITH A 3FT FIRESTICK ON A BANDI MOUNT \

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
FJ in PDX previously said: View Post
You seem to be nickel and diming yourself over the purchase of an FJ. You've started quite a few threads here on price, but have you gone in and actually done serious negotiations with a dealer? Determine the amount you want to finance minus a grand or so and deal on that, and if you're within a grand of where you want to be, get it over with and buy it, private party or otherwise. You think the purchase price on newer used is high, wait until you start the mods . Two things are for certain: an FJ holds its value, and dealerships want to make money. You seem positive that all dealers want to screw you, so buy it private party, it may be easier to negotiate. Just thinking out loud here.
So, I made an offer of $29, 000 on a 2011 FJ Adventure package (17k). Originally advertised for $36, 000 and are 'willing' to sell it for $33,500 (he told me they paid $31, 500).

Do you think I should pay $33500? You think that's reasonable and fair? You think I'm just arbitrarily saying that 'dealers are trying to screw me.'

These are canadian prices....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1868 Post(s)

"Adventure Package" is nothing OEM so don't let them sucker you for more money for those extras.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
lqdchkn previously said: View Post
"Adventure Package" is nothing OEM so don't let them sucker you for more money for those extras.
Actually, the adventure package has a lot of options over the base. Check the toyota canada site. It's now called the URBAN package. The Adventure package was about $1200 more than the off road package when new.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Newbie Town > Newbie Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in