LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 08:27 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: How many miles can I expect from my FJ?

Quote:
Deathstalker74 previously said: View Post
I bought mine with 91K on it and it looks brand new. If it wasn't for the odometer, you'd never know it had that many miles. I had a 4Runner before that and it didn't look nearly as nice at similar mileage.
Guess you did not treat your prior 4Runner as well as the prior owner of your FJ did. Probably a lesson there as it is not a 4Runner issue. We are on our 3rd 4Runner and they all have aged gracefully as they were properly maintained.

2012 FJ Cruiser, Silver Fresco Metallic, Convenience and Upgrade packages, Roof Rack, and Towing package, Toytec Boss 3" lift, Light Racing UCA, BMC, Warn Front and Rear Bumpers, Warn Zeon 10-s Winch, Factor 55 Flatlink and Winch Lock, OEM Rock Rails, MB 352 16 X 8.5 -6 offset Wheels, 305/70-16 Goodyear DuraTracs, PIAA 520 Series Driving Lights, Baja Rack Insert, Hi-Lift extreme, DeMello roof rack mounts, Scuba Mod, RCI Front, Transmission, Transfer Case, and Lower Control Arm Skids, Red Line Land Cruiser Lower Link Skids, Ellis Precision Shifter Knobs, Heated Seats, Boztec CB mount, 3' Firestik, Midland 75-822 CB Radio, Garmin Nuvi 500 GPS, hood decal blackout, 10 lb. CO2 PowerTank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 08:40 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
dwm2112 previously said: View Post
Guess you did not treat your prior 4Runner as well as the prior owner of your FJ did. Probably a lesson there as it is not a 4Runner issue. We are on our 3rd 4Runner and they all have aged gracefully as they were properly maintained.
Absolutely not an 4Runner issue. I had my 4Runner for almost 15 years and it was a beast. The only issue I ever had with it was when a service station failed to tighten the lug nuts and the wheel almost came off when I was driving up 95N at 80 mpg. They later told me that they didn't realize their "compressor was broken". Almost cost me my life. After this, it never drove right. I had it balanced numerous times after this at several different service centers and we could never fix the issue. But this had zero to do with the vehicle. Like I said, it was a beast. Cosmetically, it took a hit when we added an addition on our house. Lots of wear and tear. But overall, it was a great car. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Last edited by Deathstalker74; 03-14-2015 at 08:42 PM.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hello,
So, I need an opinion. I found a 2007 FJ Cruiser that seems to be in good condition, but it has 202K miles on it. Should I take a chance ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 10:40 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Srayne previously said: View Post
Hello,
So, I need an opinion. I found a 2007 FJ Cruiser that seems to be in good condition, but it has 202K miles on it. Should I take a chance ?
200k is just getting broken in, as long as it was regularly maintained by the PO(s). I've put 177k on my 2007 and I'd expect to get another 200k at least.. Still to this day, the only major issue I've ever had with mine was blowing the rear diff which was a known issue for the early years, and that was after 7 or 8 years of moderate to heavy off-roading. Try to get the service history on it, you can usually find all that through the Toyota owners site if it was serviced through any of the dealerships. If you like it and everything works, go for it! 200k is nothin.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 11:25 AM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 25 Post(s)

We have just over 100K on our 2007. Lots of off-road.

Replaced a torn CV boot several years ago. I just replaced the shocks and struts (OME). Nearly all of the ball joint and tie rod seals are torn, but no play in the joints. Usual brakes, battery, fluid changes.

Did get rear-ended a few years ago - $4Kish to repair. Late last year, insurance paid for $5500 of wiring damage due to pack rats. Nothing seems compromised from the repairs.

I replaced a camshaft position sensor today. I guess that is our first real failure. $50 for the part.

Matt B
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Srayne previously said: View Post
Hello,
My 2007 has 207,000 miles on it, I expect to keep it to see it roll over 300,000. I have no trepidation about my vehicle having this many miles. Runs great, and I would take it anywhere. Look over the vehicle very well, get as much documentation as you can such as service records, etc. If it was properly cared for, and the price is right, expect it to last many more miles.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Newbie Town > Newbie Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in