3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
About to buy a 2007 FJ need advice

Hello all, been browsing these forums for few weeks now. I knew I would be buying an FJ soon and looks like on Saturday I'm heading to meet a guy about one.

Its a 2007 with 112k miles..

Hes asking $16k and has some decent mods to it like a built in hidden Warn winch. Roof rack with LED bars. And a trail black out package including rims.

He sent me pictures in HD and they look good, its been highway driven mostly since he commutes to work hence why hes selling (he downgraded to a prius)

My main question is, how would you feel about buying an FJ with 112k? I have a tundra with 140k and it feels barely broken in, its in perfect condition. How does that compare with FJ's? Any advice would be appreciated.

I have another chance to buy a 2008 with 85k miles in excellent condition. No mods at all, but have seen it in person and its great. But that would be about 22k out the door after tax etc because its a dealer. Its also not a color I really care for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 11:29 PM
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7039 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: About to buy a 2007 FJ need advice

If it looks good and sounds good and the maintenance has been kept up it shouldn't be a problem. There is thread here that has people listing their mileage and at least one is over 300,000 and a few, including mine, were over 200,000.

Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens...

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 04:58 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 948 Post(s)

Quote:
Frozenpeaz previously said: View Post
2007 with 112k miles..
Hes asking $16k and has some decent mods to it

I have another chance to buy a 2008 with 85k miles in excellent condition. No mods at all, but have seen it in person and its great. But that would be about 22k out the door
The 07 is too expensive for those miles.

The 08 is a way better deal..... why because of miles. The additional miles on the 07 and the year older it is say that the he would be asking $28K+ if it were an 08 with the same miles. Mod's mean dick to price (unless you want those mods and want to pay for those mods)

Buy the 08 and do the mods yourself when you can afford them. Good Luck !!

2014 Build.
Silver Roof, Pro Comp Lift 3", TRD Wheels, Cooper A/T3 285x70x16, TT Black Out Parts, ARB Touring Rack, Baja Ladder, Bushwacker Fenders, Rigid Upper & Lower Grille w/ SR 6" LED's & D2 LED's, Front Grille Guard, Rigid SR-M Rear LED's, ANZO Headlights & Turn Signals, M-PAC Side Rack, Ellis Precision, TTUE Skid Plate, Rocktek Rear Bumper, PRG Snorkel
..........................____
...............______//__{\___
............./__(0)_//__/_(0)_/

My Post may not be disseminated, without the express written consent of myself or a doppelgänger with a worse attitude then my own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 06:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Muvovr previously said: View Post
The 07 is too expensive for those miles.

The 08 is a way better deal....why because of miles. The additional miles on the 07 and the year older it is say that the he would be asking $28K+ if it were an 08 with the same miles. Mod's mean dick to price (unless you want those mods and want to pay for those mods)

Buy the 08 and do the mods yourself when you can afford them. Good Luck !!
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but this makes no sense to me..

The guy would ask $12k more if it were a year newer?
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 06:54 AM
Forum Master

Quote:
Sp3cialk previously said: View Post
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but this makes no sense to me..

The guy would ask $12k more if it were a year newer?
^

If he thinks that his 2007 with 112K miles is worth $16,000 and the 08 with 27K less mile can be purchased for $22,000 what would he ask for this 07 if it were an 08 with the same miles.

It's a math problem. Sorry i'm an cost engineer. Sorry you don't understand.

2014 Build.
Silver Roof, Pro Comp Lift 3", TRD Wheels, Cooper A/T3 285x70x16, TT Black Out Parts, ARB Touring Rack, Baja Ladder, Bushwacker Fenders, Rigid Upper & Lower Grille w/ SR 6" LED's & D2 LED's, Front Grille Guard, Rigid SR-M Rear LED's, ANZO Headlights & Turn Signals, M-PAC Side Rack, Ellis Precision, TTUE Skid Plate, Rocktek Rear Bumper, PRG Snorkel

My Post may not be disseminated, without the express written consent of myself or a doppelgänger with a worse attitude then my own.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 07:18 AM

Quote:
^

If he thinks that his 2007 with 112K miles is worth $16,000 and the 08 with 27K less mile can be purchased for $22,000 what would he ask for this 07 if it were an 08 with the same miles.

It's a math problem. Sorry i'm an cost engineer. Sorry you don't understand.
I'm sorry, maybe I couldn't see your profession listed because I'm on the mobile version.

Based on your professional opinion, what would the 2007 (mods not being part of the equation) be worth?

Last edited by Sp3cialk; 01-14-2015 at 07:35 AM.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

On the 2007 make sure of the build date... if it's a 2006 build date on the door sticker make sure it's had the rear end checked. Father in laws with 07/06 build date just had over 3K worth of rear end replacement due to the weak gear busting. It's known to be in the early 2006 builds. The 2008 won't have this issue.

2014 FJ Cruiser... TRD Offroad... Cement
2011 Tundra Crewmax lifted on 35's
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 08:03 AM
Forum Master

Quote:
Sp3cialk previously said: View Post
I'm sorry, maybe I couldn't see your profession listed because I'm on the mobile version.

Based on your professional opinion, what would the 2007 (mods not being part of the equation) be worth?
Based on a recent sale of a my 2007 fully loaded, in perfect shape (no scratches, no dings, no tears, new tires, perfect paint, no fading) 4x4 fully loaded (ALL AVAILABLE FACTORY OPTIONS) with 96K miles the price would be $15,850.
This FJ had zero modifications.

I think the additional miles outlined above makes the FJ he is considering worth less.

2014 Build.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Based on a recent sale of a my 2007 fully loaded, in perfect shape (no scratches, no dings, no tears, new tires, perfect paint, no fading) 4x4 fully loaded (ALL AVAILABLE FACTORY OPTIONS) with 96K miles the price would be $15,850.
This FJ had zero modifications.

I think the additional miles outlined above makes the FJ he is considering worth less.
Got it. There is nothing in my state listed for under $17k, regardless of mileage or year.

$16k with some mods seemed fair.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Purchased my 2007 off dealer lot for $22k with 11k miles in 2010. Perfect condition, no history. 2012 -idiot ran into my rear at 50mph while on cell phone and I was at complete stop. Insurance wouldn't total it as it could be fixed for $8k. Started modifications then - ARB front and rear, 285-16 on Level 8 rims lights etc. Was at dealer last summer just to "investigate" trading in for new FJ - they offered me $17 with 65k miles. Not bad but I didn't want new payments and I like what I did to the truck (great for ski season and mountain bike hauling). I plan on driving it till to hell and back….

Just thought I would add in my experience in value perspective….
Muvovr likes this.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Newbie Town > Newbie Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in