Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

running boards?

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  iwashmycar 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 FJ and would like to replace the factory boards. Interested in the AMP Powersteps (electric) since I have no plans to do any off-roading. Does anyone know if they work and or what other bars/steps would you recommend.

#2 ·
I'd recommend these,I have em on my '14....
Pure FJ Standard Duty Sliders [PFJC-SD-SLIDERS] - $315.00 : Pure FJ Cruiser Accessories, Parts and Accessories for your Toyota FJ Cruiser

A bit of prep work on your part as they come bare steel.
Easy bolt on installation. Sits high enough to reach your roof and added bonus of preventing door dings.

After degreasing, I put a couple coats of self-etching primer, then several coats of rattle can black paint. Then put a couple strips of 3M non-skid tape on the top for grip. Easy-peasy and they look good too.

#3 ·
I dont think the OP wants to bolt on real sliders if they are looking into power steps......

I personally have never seen a FJ on this site with them. They put the things on everything and I think they can cut them to any length...There is a lot of room under the rockers so they should fit. You will probably need to go to one of those custom pickup truck places to get them. I doubt there is any FJ specific kit out there. The installer may be thrilled to know there are threaded holes all along the frame to mount to. Could probably get a sort-of bolt-on setup fabbed up if you get an installer worth their trade.

#6 ·
^^^pretty cool. In theory since they appear to bolt to the rocker locations you could still fab up a slider that would bolt to the frame but be below the truck to guard the steps. Woulnt help where a side impact could happen, but from below you could still set it on a rock.

I dont think they make them FJ specific still...I think those were maybe just prototype?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.