Newbie Discussions A flame free zone

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Just ordered a set for my 07! Does the trunk button unlock the glass or door?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 07:52 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Garage
Attempted to order from the same seller on eBay looks like they are out of stock. Anyone else find a seller that has a verified working fob and key combo on eBay from a different seller?
Quote:
tbirdscwd previously said: View Post
Got my keys today!! They cost $32.95 for a pair with free shipping here on eBay. Toyota charged me $14 each to cut them. I could have had them cut cheaper off my old key, but I would rather have new keys cut off the VIN anyways. Programming the remotes was pretty easy, simply using the instructions on the remote company's website. I used the 4-runner instructions, cause apparently they don't list the FJ.

So, for $62 I have two new Banjo keys. Winning

Big thanks to My Bed for the post of his remote and the info. I hope this helps a few guys out there.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Key Fob Options

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong thread to ask this, but I am also trying to find a seller of FOB's for a 2014 FJ. I just purchased my FJ and it only came with one key. It appears that it is a valet key (G Chip) as their is no FOB as part of the key. Before I purchase a FOB, I have a couple of questions. First, how can I verify that the vehicle even had FOB's originally, as I see in the owners manual that the remote FOB was an "Option". If it did, will I be able to just purchase a couple new FOB's (w/G chip) and get them cut & programed without having an original FOB or Key Number Plate to use as guide? And if it didn't originally have the remote "Option", how would I go about getting a remote door lock system installed? Thanks in advance for any info you may provide.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Key Fob Options

Quote:
tbirdscwd previously said: View Post
Got my keys today!! They cost $32.95 for a pair with free shipping here on eBay. Toyota charged me $14 each to cut them. I could have had them cut cheaper off my old key, but I would rather have new keys cut off the VIN anyways. Programming the remotes was pretty easy, simply using the instructions on the remote company's website. I used the 4-runner instructions, cause apparently they don't list the FJ.

So, for $62 I have two new Banjo keys. Winning

Big thanks to My Bed for the post of his remote and the info. I hope this helps a few guys out there.
so the advertised G transmitter works with our L stamped key? just wanted to confirm before i purchase.
kevinrfoote likes this.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Newbie Town > Newbie Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in