Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

new Fj purchase

4K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  lgrt 
#1 ·
ok fJinians i just got my first fj its an 07 w/87000 miles on her and boy is she clean its an auto trans 4x4.Just wondering what should i do first to her will use her for camping mainly at the beach in south tx and long road trips w/ the wife.looking forward to this journey.:FRO:

#2 ·
Welcome aboard!

#3 ·
What should you do first? LOL Everything! Welcome to the forum.

#4 ·
Greetings from VT! Do you have the previous service records? Helps to know what was done and how frequently. But given you intend to do long distance travel I’d suggest swapping ALL the fluids, spark plugs, filters as a “reset” and for longevity...she’ll thank you for this :wink I have an 07 with over 150k mi that I take cross country to wheel hard in Moab every year and I change all the fluids regularly, plus change the engine oil (synthetic) every 3k mi (for immortality). If you plan to tow please install a transmission cooler. Congrats on a great choice of vehicle, especially for beach camping - feel free to ask any questions! :smile

#8 ·
i have the carfax from the fj and it was serviced at the toyota dealership and no major issues ever.and the trips will be once or twice a year for about a week at a time.Should i change all fluids once a year? and by fluids you mean trans / diff and ?:bandit:

#6 ·
I agree 100%! Take some time to see how you use it and what you think is missing! Most of the mods seem difficult to reverse, are expensive and, from my recent shopping, don’t add fully to the resale value.

#15 ·
Welcome

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.