Inanity - Page 553 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Off-Topic Discussion This area is for discussion of off-topic related items. This area can be viewed by everyone so please keep it clean.

4701Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #5521 of 5603 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 10:17 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 902 Post(s)
Re: Inanity

I drove to Colorado Springs last week. It was a great drive, I had it cooking along some of those roads. Several stops so that my dog could play in the rivers and such.

I met with an old friend from way back to 4th grade and another that I worked with through the 90s. We spent hours telling stories. I noticed that all of the stories had one thing in common... they included a statement about if we got arrested or not.
Mikey D., BIOHZRD and amaclach like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5522 of 5603 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 11:51 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1963 Post(s)

MAD NEWS:

Had the gas burner service guy (HomeServe) over yesterday to do an annual cleaning/servicing - 1st time for them. This AM there was no heat and no hot water! Called the nice people at HomeServe (Angela) to let them know about it and to request a service man out to fix it today and they said the earliest they could have somebody out is Monday between 12 & 4PM.

Spoke to a manager (Stephanie) and told her that was unacceptable - to no avail. Said they have so many 'no heat' reports today from people with 'cancer' and 'old age' issues so the techs are all busy today, I asked then if all of HomeServe's customers are getting inferior service work done since that many customers have problems. I told her I will notify the BBB, Yelp and anyone that will listen. She said she would write the complaint down and then hung up on me abruptly.

I called another company and will go with them after I get this fixed and cancel my contract with HomeServe. They sound like a scam outfit, they want to sell all kinds of service contracts to homeowners, but when the chit hits the fan they can't be bothered.

Beware of HomeServe!!!

GLAD NEWS:

Bought 4 Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires (6 years / 70K miles warranty) online from TireRack 3 weeks ago which included road hazard insurance for 2 years. Arrived 2 days later via UPS with no problems. I had them mounted locally without any issues - they were balanced on the first try. I just got a $70 rebate card in the mail from Michelin as well! Now that is great service. I love the heck out of them. They took me on a 1600+ mile trip down south and back without any issues what so ever - they even survived remnants of Hurricane Michael!

Michelin and Tire Rack...AAAAA+++++ rating!

BOILER UPDATE:

Between reading up on the interwebs about gas fired boilers and running up and down the steps to the boiler room several times with VOM, screwdriver and flashlight in hand I was finally able to find and fix the problem. Last time down there while I was testing for voltage and grounds I moved a wiring harness around and voila the yellow 24V wire was sticking out winking at me. It fell out of the molex type plug and I don't know how - the tech moved the harness yesterday too, but the boiler worked after he left. I plugged the wire back into its corresponding hole and reconnected the plug and sure enough the damper motor whirrred, the boiler relay clicked and the pilot sissed and there was ignition.

I got banging pipes and hissing vents now...hoooray! Just checked and there is hot water too! I'm so proud of me right now.
rotorhed1, Bar3K, BIOHZRD and 1 others like this.

In Memoriam: NYPD DAOS/NYS OIG #77 - and all of our fallen LEO's!

Pancreatic Cancer - want to learn ALL about the tests to detect it? Well, so would I...so would I!

Freedom isn't free...thank you Veterans!
9-11-01...NEVER FORGET!
R.I.P. SEATTLE MIKE - JOE S. - VINNY D. - ROBOTUSSIN! - Thank you St. Anthony!

God Bless America!

Last edited by Mikey D.; 10-27-2018 at 05:51 PM.
post #5523 of 5603 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 05:41 PM
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6947 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
@mikey D. Didn't you tell them that you fall into the really old category they are worrying about? LOL. My Tundra came with Michelins when I bought it. They lasted all of about 630 miles when I had a sidewall blow out and a second tire that was ready to let go. I was on a well maintained dirt road that is kept in great shape and graded a few times a year since it goes to some ranches, gives access for utilities, and is a short cut from the highways to the east and west without having to go through or around town.

I had a set of them on my VW Bug years ago and they were great on it.

Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens...

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031
post #5524 of 5603 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 05:03 PM
Forum Master

Quote:
BIGGUY previously said: View Post
@mikey D. Didn't you tell them that you fall into the really old category they are worrying about? LOL. My Tundra came with Michelins when I bought it. They lasted all of about 630 miles when I had a sidewall blow out and a second tire that was ready to let go. I was on a well maintained dirt road that is kept in great shape and graded a few times a year since it goes to some ranches, gives access for utilities, and is a short cut from the highways to the east and west without having to go through or around town.

I had a set of them on my VW Bug years ago and they were great on it.
Funny story: a guy on the Taco board had a balancing problem with his 4 new Michelin Defender tires - they even replaced them 2X with the same results (forget who he bought them from, but not mail order). He found out his size of tires tires were made in China; maybe you had the same quality issues???

BTW, yes I did! I called them back on Sunday to cancel the appointment, but the guy still showed up on Monday at 12:30. He couldn't believe the story they gave me about being booked. He was annoyed at them - maybe he lost out on OT?

Pancreatic Cancer - want to learn ALL about the tests to detect it? Well, so would I...so would I!

9-11-01...NEVER FORGET!

God Bless America!
post #5525 of 5603 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 05:39 PM
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6947 Post(s)
Garage
Maybe they had the tires made in two different places. These were what came stock on the Tundra and some guys loved them and got decent wear out of them and they worked good for them on pavement and dirt.

Glad you got things fixed. Sounds like some shady things going on though.

Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens...

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031
post #5526 of 5603 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2353 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Inanity-dscn1532.jpg

Attachment 1058390

Inanity-dscn1529.jpg

Inanity-dscn1518.jpg

Inanity-dscn1512.jpg
couldn't get these to take in the camp cooking thread. Low tide today in our creek, while out gathering oysters. Some of them as big as saucer plates, I kid you not. lots of mussels, too!
rotorhed1, Mikey D., Bar3K and 1 others like this.

In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

I would rather be tried by twelve, than carried by six.

Expect nothing, and you'll never be disappointed- Me.

Liberals are like Slinkies, they're only interesting after you push them down the stairs.

Last edited by BIOHZRD; 11-04-2018 at 09:51 PM.
post #5527 of 5603 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 11:37 AM
トヨダ Master

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Quoted: 3283 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
BIOHZRD previously said: View Post
couldn't get these to take in the camp cooking thread. Low tide today in our creek, while out gathering oysters. Some of them as big as saucer plates, I kid you not. lots of mussels, too!
I hear if you take blue pills it's easier to find your mussel.
Mikey D. and BIOHZRD like this.

"Silence is Golden......Duct Tape is Silver"

Solitude Allows One to Reflect While Others are Reacting...

Member of the month-October 2017
post #5528 of 5603 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 10:33 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 902 Post(s)

I just spent 5 minutes trying to convince my dog Phoenix that just because her food dish was empty it wasn't an emergency and I didn't need to get up and fill it. But she plans ahead and wants it ready for the morning.

Guess who won that argument? She didn't even eat any.

We just had out 6th anniversary. She's come a long way since I first met that spastic young thing. In a kennel in the snow. 42 pounds, now 68. Still a spaz.
post #5529 of 5603 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 10:34 AM
Forum Master

Quote:
CabinCruiser previously said: View Post
I hear if you take blue pills it's easier to find your mussel.
If you eat oysters you'll find your mussel too - no need for the blue pill after all!
BIOHZRD and CabinCruiser like this.

9-11-01...NEVER FORGET!

God Bless America!
post #5530 of 5603 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2353 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Mikey D. previously said: View Post
If you eat oysters you'll find your mussel too - no need for the blue pill after all!
So who needs a blue pill?

In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

I would rather be tried by twelve, than carried by six.

Expect nothing, and you'll never be disappointed- Me.

Liberals are like Slinkies, they're only interesting after you push them down the stairs.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in