Sport Diving Vs. Professional Diving - Page 7 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Off-Topic Discussion This area is for discussion of off-topic related items. This area can be viewed by everyone so please keep it clean.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 01:11 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Sport Diving Vs. Professional Diving

uphill,
Just making sure you got my response to the question about the ASDS stuff. I answered you earlier in the posting. Hell I wouldnt be suprised if some of the guys that were around when you were stationed there arent still hanging out either as military or ciivilians.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to crozhawk

cool discussion. ....I was @ SDVT1 around 98-01'. DDS, MSLO/LI dives were some of the best times I had in the Navy. I've still got a great video from the Kamehemehe off the west coast of Hawaii from back then ...truly good times.

I'm in Savannah now and a buddy of mine and I may start back into spearfishing again. ....would be nice with a MK16 or a LarV . ...then you're a real predator! hehe!

Only problem now is I'll be in Iraq in September. This discussion definitely has brought back some memories.

Was really cool meeting Larry (Uphill) out in the middle of nowhere on the Mojave trail and realizing we both served @ SDVT1. ....maybe a slightly different timeframe but oh well ....kinda like going to different highschools together lol!

2006 4runner
1994 Landcrushr - sold
Solid Axle Conversion
Dave
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
crozhawk previously said: View Post
cool discussion. ....I was @ SDVT1 around 98-01'. DDS, MSLO/LI dives were some of the best times I had in the Navy. I've still got a great video from the Kamehemehe off the west coast of Hawaii from back then ...truly good times.

I'm in Savannah now and a buddy of mine and I may start back into spearfishing again. ....would be nice with a MK16 or a LarV . ...then you're a real predator! hehe!

Only problem now is I'll be in Iraq in September. This discussion definitely has brought back some memories.

Was really cool meeting Larry (Uphill) out in the middle of nowhere on the Mojave trail and realizing we both served @ SDVT1. ....maybe a slightly different timeframe but oh well ....kinda like going to different highschools together lol!
Were you in one of the platoons? The command is no longer at Ford Island, we moved to Pearl City (much nicer buildings). We still use the old Kam. video for Dog and Pony stuff, but recently made a new one on OHIO. The command employment and optempo is through the roof now. Lots of real world employment out there.
post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 04:05 AM
Forum Regular

Quote:
fjdave5341 previously said: View Post
Were you in one of the platoons? The command is no longer at Ford Island, we moved to Pearl City (much nicer buildings). We still use the old Kam. video for Dog and Pony stuff, but recently made a new one on OHIO. The command employment and optempo is through the roof now. Lots of real world employment out there.
yup, i was in the DDS platoon. ...sounds nice, those were some old hangars. I hear ya bout' the real world stuff now.

2006 4runner
1994 Landcrushr - sold
Solid Axle Conversion
Dave
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Forum Regular

Who was the Master Diver there when you were around? Paul Balesi or Lamont King?
post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Forum Regular

Pascal ...pm sent

2006 4runner
1994 Landcrushr - sold
Solid Axle Conversion
Dave
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 12:28 AM
Forum Veteran

wow just came across this thread

Doc since we are close will have to tell some fun stories

my idea cause my love of the ocean was to do commercial ? lets see dive on boats or rigs with lots of guys around ?

or stay in Maui and work with tourists and have hot chicks on boats hmmmmmm

big sweaty construction type rig guys or hotties in bikinis

I can say I have done some stupid stuff being a full time instructor for some 15 years like going over 200 on compressed air

funny about being narced though ? I have only had it once !

stories wow lots of good ones and bad ones
lots of girls lost their tops in the water coming off the slide on the boat those are good ones

bad ones sadly a lot of tourists drown or have near drownings those are the sad ones
when you pump em back to life and then they want to sue you for embarrassing them !!!!
or the fat guy whos weight belt you could never get to stay on

or the countless times you get puked on !!!!!! thats gnarly

one of the best was my buddy had a girl throw up on him as he was trying to ask what the problem was ! she projectile vomited so hard and sadly his mouth was open as he was talking when she did !!!!!!
and as he said you know when you puke in your own throat and it kinda burns !!!! he said well its worse when that happens to you and its someone elses puke !!!!

or when the guys in Utila used to make the intake of their compressor a huge bong and fill the tanks with dope !!!!!! and go down to sandhole and drink out of bladder bags and get stoned out of their minds !!!
I never did this though !! I am a straight kinda guy but used to go watch em for fun and it was fun to mess with em under water like I kept seeing stuff or putting things on em etc.. hehehehehehe

yeah I somehow think going the tourist route was more fun and safer than the commercial route for sure
post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 05:11 PM

Don't forget about Closed Circuit Rebreathers that use a diluent and allow virtually unlimited depths and dive times. I dive a Inner Space Systems Megalodon Closed Circuit Rebreather. This breather has a max dive time of up to 6 hours, and has been used on dives as deep as 900 feet. I have attached a picture of my unit. We dive these here on the St Lawrence River, and sometimes on the eastern shoreline of Lake Ontario. This type of diving is a mix of science and sport.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Meg Front.pdf (140.7 KB, 70 views)
post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Forum Master

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm a licensed diver from PADI, however I stopped diving since long due to Sinus problems...

Diving lovers, dont miss the Red Sea!!

Thanks Shadow for the post

...No FJC no more...

'08 Black Diamond (5AT) 4X4
Desert Knight - My Build-up
post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to niceguysanti

cool thread , lots of good info... just found it

ANDI & IANTD - Trimix Diver
NSS-CDS - Full Cave & Cave DPV Pilot

(back in the day) although I currently love taking my kids down to look at the pretty little fishies....

08 FJC Sandstorm (Cupcake) - gone but not forgotten.
88 FJ-62 Blue (LBcake) Locked on 35's
My 62 build thread

www.fjnortheasters.org

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in