So as many of you know- I like to mod... a little
So after selling my Crackrock to Colin, Ive replaced it and the Tacoma pick up with two Nissans
The 2015 GTR- Premium Edition- Gun Metal Grey/ Black- carbon fiber interior
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
RS (really cant say enough about how freaking awesome this car is!)- Pearl White/ Red-black interior
The GTR was purchased new in December, 2014 with 28 miles on the clock. Every GTR comes with at least 22- 30 miles since all are track tortured directly after they are built to ensure they will live up to their Godzilla name. Yup its 1st few miles are at 130-140 mph and parked while the brakes are glowing red. Nissan had just started a 10K rebate on the 2015 GTRs and it spread like wildfire through the forums. Over 330 GTRs were sold in Dec- Feb. This isn't bad considering they have a total US count of approximately 9500 sold since their arrival in late 2008. Color was limited and I just missed the pearl white so when the dealership called and said they had gunmetal- I jumped.
- 545 hp/ 463 trq (at engine) 3.8 L V6 twin turbo engine (VR38DETT)- Hand built by one of 4 master engine builder in a lab
- Top Speed- 196 mph
- 0-60 2.7 seconds (Motor Trend)
- 0-100 5.6 seconds
- AWD- (ATTESA E-TS) 1st car to have a mid mounted engine (behind front wheels) with transmission in rear and also drive the front wheels via two carbon fiber drive shafts.
- 6 speed paddle shift with dual clutch- shifts at 0.15 seconds
- Forged Rays Engineering wheels
- Brembo 6 piston front/ 4 piston rear with 2 piece cross-drilled rotors- 15.4" F/ 15" R
- Damptronic Bilstein shocks with 3 electronic settings (Comfort, Normal, Race)
- Recaro leather front seats
- Dry Carbon fiber treatments to interior trim and dash (same technology used for F1)
- Customizable Multifunction display to monitor all mechanical functions- designed by makes of Grand Turismo PS4 game (Polyphony Digital)
Got a few shots below.
The Juke Nismo
RS was a rather interesting story. I was trolling the lot in February looking to show my wife a Black Juke Nismo
that was unsold and I'd seen sitting in the back lot. That one finally sold and so while walking back around up front, my wife, Mrs OC, saw the white one on the front porch. It was exactly like the one I'd sat in back in December the week before I took possession of my GTR. Loved the Nismo
Seats (same Recaro CS seats as placed into the GTR Spec V and newer Nismo
GTR. Apparently the US stated the egress would be too difficult to perform in an emergency so they weren't allowed to be used in the US spec cars. Instead, Nissan made the Nismo
RS and added these seats to them- a $6000 option to buy from the parts department!! Worth every penny too!
Here is where it gets weird- the car WAS the same car and had sold to a woman who had wanted the car but after only 730 miles decided she needed something larger. So with nothing to loose, I low balled the offer and came in 6K under asking. They came back at only $500 more. Mrs OC stated only 3 cars for us so it was a choice- taco or the Juke. In the end- we never drove the Taco and wife wanted something smaller. The Juke won out and resale was awesome. Barely lost anything over what I paid back in Dec 2013. So I got a newish Juke Nismo
RS with title and a check back for 4K!
Cool! Mod money
See ya later McFly
So do ya want more or just FJs