GTR Build- Meet Zim - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Other vehicle discussion Non-FJC talk...

 103Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar
 
Old Cruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Waiting for the next contract....
Posts: 13,321
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Cool GTR Build- Meet Zim

*** UPDATED 01/05/2016***

So as many of you know- I like to mod... a little

So after selling my Crackrock to Colin, Ive replaced it and the Tacoma pick up with two Nissans

The 2015 GTR- Premium Edition- Gun Metal Grey/ Black- carbon fiber interior

and

2014 Nissan Juke Nismo RS (really cant say enough about how freaking awesome this car is!)- Pearl White/ Red-black interior

The GTR was purchased new in December, 2014 with 28 miles on the clock. Every GTR comes with at least 22- 30 miles since all are track tortured directly after they are built to ensure they will live up to their Godzilla name. Yup its 1st few miles are at 130-140 mph and parked while the brakes are glowing red. Nissan had just started a 10K rebate on the 2015 GTRs and it spread like wildfire through the forums. Over 330 GTRs were sold in Dec- Feb. This isn't bad considering they have a total US count of approximately 9500 sold since their arrival in late 2008. Color was limited and I just missed the pearl white so when the dealership called and said they had gunmetal- I jumped.

Primary features
  • 545 hp/ 463 trq (at engine) 3.8 L V6 twin turbo engine (VR38DETT)- Hand built by one of 4 master engine builder in a lab
  • Top Speed- 196 mph
  • 0-60 2.7 seconds (Motor Trend)
  • 0-100 5.6 seconds
  • AWD- (ATTESA E-TS) 1st car to have a mid mounted engine (behind front wheels) with transmission in rear and also drive the front wheels via two carbon fiber drive shafts.
  • 6 speed paddle shift with dual clutch- shifts at 0.15 seconds
  • Forged Rays Engineering wheels
  • Brembo 6 piston front/ 4 piston rear with 2 piece cross-drilled rotors- 15.4" F/ 15" R
  • Damptronic Bilstein shocks with 3 electronic settings (Comfort, Normal, Race)
  • Recaro leather front seats
  • Dry Carbon fiber treatments to interior trim and dash (same technology used for F1)
  • Customizable Multifunction display to monitor all mechanical functions- designed by makes of Grand Turismo PS4 game (Polyphony Digital)


At the dealership





Modifications- Updated as of 01/05/2016

Exterior-
  • G2 Caliper Brake paint- Kawasaki Green
  • Carbon fiber engine cover
  • Password JDM Carbon fiber brake/ battery covers
  • Carbon fiber hood struts
  • Rear Nissan emblem removal
  • Rear Diffuser - Carbon Fiber- clear coated
  • Carbon fiber NACA ducts/ down spouts
  • Plastic-dipped coolant resi mod
  • GTR Center cap mod

Interior-
  • Window tint (35%)- Llumar
  • Password JDM carbon fiber rear seat deletes
  • Custom Gir - Thanks Heather!
  • Dry carbon Fiber steering wheel plate
  • Custom aluminum stereo/ A/C knobs

Performance
  • Tanabe Medalion Mid pipe- 80mm (3")
  • Tanabe Medalion Cat back exhaust- 80mm w/ burnt 104mm (4") titanium tips
  • Cobb AP3-NIS-008 Accessport V3 with TCM Flashing
  • Pro tuned by worlds top Cobb tuner specialist- Tim Bailey
  • Kaizen Sakura Performance 3" intakes w/ K&N filters- custom lime green
  • Outerwears intake pre-filters
  • Kaizen Sakura Performance 3" Intercooler piping- upper- custom lime green
  • TiAL 50mm BOVs- Vent to atmosphere- Red
  • Got Boost 3" Intercooler piping- Lower- Wrinkle black
  • ETS Street Intercooler- anodized Red
  • ANSU 1100 7 hole injectors w/ plug and play harnesses
  • Boost logic Speed density kit
  • AMS 3.5" down pipes
  • ANSU 330L fuel pumps


Perfomance figures

625 Horsepower (at the wheels)- 745 at crank
590 Torque (at wheels)- 690 at crank





gaylonw, Unphazed1337 and mackb like this.


The Crack Rock Toyeti- 2010 "almost stock"... SOLD to Colin
The Build-->https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ck-toyeti.html

The Epic Adventure-->https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...adventure.html

The GTR Build- Meet Zim---> https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-meet-zim.html

Last edited by Old Cruiser; 01-09-2016 at 07:50 AM.
Old Cruiser is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 07:54 PM
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
 
BIGGUY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WY
Posts: 28,795
Mentioned: 352 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7027 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
re: GTR Build- Meet Zim

Quote:
Old Cruiser previously said: View Post
So as many of you know- I like to mod... a little

So after selling my Crackrock to Colin, Ive replaced it and the Tacoma pick up with two Nissans

The 2015 GTR- Premium Edition- Gun Metal Grey/ Black- carbon fiber interior

and

2014 Nissan Juke Nismo RS (really cant say enough about how freaking awesome this car is!)- Pearl White/ Red-black interior

The GTR was purchased new in December, 2014 with 28 miles on the clock. Every GTR comes with at least 22- 30 miles since all are track tortured directly after they are built to ensure they will live up to their Godzilla name. Yup its 1st few miles are at 130-140 mph and parked while the brakes are glowing red. Nissan had just started a 10K rebate on the 2015 GTRs and it spread like wildfire through the forums. Over 330 GTRs were sold in Dec- Feb. This isn't bad considering they have a total US count of approximately 9500 sold since their arrival in late 2008. Color was limited and I just missed the pearl white so when the dealership called and said they had gunmetal- I jumped.

Primary features
  • 545 hp/ 463 trq (at engine) 3.8 L V6 twin turbo engine (VR38DETT)- Hand built by one of 4 master engine builder in a lab
  • Top Speed- 196 mph
  • 0-60 2.7 seconds (Motor Trend)
  • 0-100 5.6 seconds
  • AWD- (ATTESA E-TS) 1st car to have a mid mounted engine (behind front wheels) with transmission in rear and also drive the front wheels via two carbon fiber drive shafts.
  • 6 speed paddle shift with dual clutch- shifts at 0.15 seconds
  • Forged Rays Engineering wheels
  • Brembo 6 piston front/ 4 piston rear with 2 piece cross-drilled rotors- 15.4" F/ 15" R
  • Damptronic Bilstein shocks with 3 electronic settings (Comfort, Normal, Race)
  • Recaro leather front seats
  • Dry Carbon fiber treatments to interior trim and dash (same technology used for F1)
  • Customizable Multifunction display to monitor all mechanical functions- designed by makes of Grand Turismo PS4 game (Polyphony Digital)






Got a few shots below.

The Juke Nismo RS was a rather interesting story. I was trolling the lot in February looking to show my wife a Black Juke Nismo that was unsold and I'd seen sitting in the back lot. That one finally sold and so while walking back around up front, my wife, Mrs OC, saw the white one on the front porch. It was exactly like the one I'd sat in back in December the week before I took possession of my GTR. Loved the Nismo Seats (same Recaro CS seats as placed into the GTR Spec V and newer Nismo GTR. Apparently the US stated the egress would be too difficult to perform in an emergency so they weren't allowed to be used in the US spec cars. Instead, Nissan made the Nismo RS and added these seats to them- a $6000 option to buy from the parts department!! Worth every penny too!

Here is where it gets weird- the car WAS the same car and had sold to a woman who had wanted the car but after only 730 miles decided she needed something larger. So with nothing to loose, I low balled the offer and came in 6K under asking. They came back at only $500 more. Mrs OC stated only 3 cars for us so it was a choice- taco or the Juke. In the end- we never drove the Taco and wife wanted something smaller. The Juke won out and resale was awesome. Barely lost anything over what I paid back in Dec 2013. So I got a newish Juke Nismo RS with title and a check back for 4K!

Cool! Mod money

Some shots






Press shots



See ya later McFly



So do ya want more or just FJs

I'd be interested in seeing more. I was watching a video a few days ago where they took the GTR engine and tranny and put them into a Juke and then took it out on the track. Mean looking little car.

Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens...

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031
BIGGUY is online now  
post #3 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 08:04 PM
Forum Veteran
 
myfjtte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: near Knoxville TN
Posts: 526
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
re: GTR Build- Meet Zim

I want to see more. I have always liked the GTR just cannot afford one. They are bad a$$.

2010 TTE with Toytec Ultimate lift, Resz Fabrication front bumper w/12,000lb winch and lightforce lights, expedition one rear swing out bumper, demello sliders, gobi stealth rack, RCI skids, bushwhacker flairs, Spidertrax spacers, BMC, trd exhaust, afe cai and tb spacer, 17x10 Level 8 bully pro's with 285/70-17, Midland handheld CB with Bandi mount and Fire Stick antenna, FJoel AT shifter and Grenade for the 4WD shifter, 1/2in. Bandi body lift, windows tinted, and AMSOIL fluids.
myfjtte is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 08:34 PM
Forum Veteran
 
3L5 Lego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 858
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
re: GTR Build- Meet Zim

Moar GTR!

Please!
3L5 Lego is offline  
post #5 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 09:29 PM
Forum Regular
 
LiveFast5286's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
re: GTR Build- Meet Zim

I hate you







jk congrats on the awesome vehicles!! Can't wait to see the progress.
Red2Golf likes this.

Scott

07 Black Cherry Pearl FJ

Method Racing NVs_Goodyear Duratracs_TruCool Trans Cooler
Baja Standard_BMC_LED Headlights
LiveFast5286 is offline  
post #6 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 10:12 PM
Forum Superstar
 
Bar3K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cheyenne
Posts: 3,882
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1842 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
re: GTR Build- Meet Zim

Bilstiens? pfft, can't believe you don't have Kings on there yet

Your one of the family so we might as well see what our long lost cousin is throwing away their hazard pay on....
FJess likes this.

Bar3K is offline  
post #7 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 10:18 PM
Forum Veteran
 
Trailworx FJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 788
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
re: GTR Build- Meet Zim

My good friend has a GTR. He blew the motor within 6 months... Now it's pushing 800+ hp to the wheels on pump gas.. high 800hp on race gas.
I think he paid 8k for an upgraded clutch...
Makes modding the fj seem like child's play lol.
MotioncontrolMike and Basil like this.
Trailworx FJ is offline  
post #8 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar
 
Old Cruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Waiting for the next contract....
Posts: 13,321
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
re: GTR Build- Meet Zim

Quote:
BIGGUY previously said: View Post
I'd be interested in seeing more. I was watching a video a few days ago where they took the GTR engine and tranny and put them into a Juke and then took it out on the track. Mean looking little car.
Yup- I believe about 6 were made by Nissan for customers- its called the Juke R and those rip!!!

Quote:
myfjtte previously said: View Post
I want to see more. I have always liked the GTR just cannot afford one. They are bad a$$.
It is an amazing car and as Ive slowly broken in the tranny and the clutches- its gotten faster and faster

Quote:
3L5 Lego previously said: View Post
Moar GTR!

Please!
Moar it is

Quote:
LiveFast5286 previously said: View Post
I hate you


jk congrats on the awesome vehicles!! Can't wait to see the progress.

Thanks- Im in disbelief I own one too. Its fun to cruise around and see the reactions. With so few of these on the road- they are as rare as a Lambo or Ferrari. Maybe even more so with the limited numbers

Quote:
Bar3K previously said: View Post
Bilstiens? pfft, can't believe you don't have Kings on there yet

Your one of the family so we might as well see what our long lost cousin is throwing away their hazard pay on....
Its all the same but as stated below- its an exercise is what expensive really looks like


Quote:
Trailworx previously said: View Post
My good friend has a GTR. He blew the motor within 6 months... Now it's pushing 800+ hp to the wheels on pump gas.. high 800hp on race gas.
I think he paid 8k for an upgraded clutch...
Makes modding the fj seem like child's play lol.
That last statement is the truth! I find myself being the cheap guy amongst these other owners who blow 10K on their GTR a month. The end goal for some like the team at AMS- is to be the fastest trap speed and time in the 1/4, 1/2 and mile. They currently hold the GTR record at a 7.71 qtr mile and a 1/2 mile speed of 224 mph. Look for them to bring a serious number to the Texas Mile later this year.


The Crack Rock Toyeti- 2010 "almost stock"... SOLD to Colin
The Build-->https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ck-toyeti.html

The Epic Adventure-->https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...adventure.html

The GTR Build- Meet Zim---> https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-meet-zim.html

Last edited by Old Cruiser; 03-07-2015 at 08:53 PM.
Old Cruiser is offline  
post #9 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 07:46 AM
Forum Veteran
 
Primer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 860
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
re: GTR Build- Meet Zim

Congratulations on realizing your new adventure OC! I have been wondering how the new GTR was coming along. I would like to see where you take your GTR.


Alan
- Primer at Imogene Pass 13,114'
2013 TT SE
BMC / Exp-1 Rear Bumper with Swing Arm / PIAA 5190's front, and rear bumpers / King Rear Rem Res W/Ride Cntrl / MT lower links / ICON Front Extended Travel Coil Overs / TC UCA's / SCS F-5 wheels / 285/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs / Shrockworks Front Bumper / Warn 9.5xp / sPOD / Kenwood DNX890HD / Lots of RAAMaudio sound deadening / WickedCAS PODS / Focal PC 165's / Focal IC 690's / Arc Audio Black 10V2 / JL Audio HD900/5 / All Pro HD Sliders and Al IFS Skid Plate / ARB CKMTA12 / Rear SCUBA / Hella Supertones / Dirty Deeds Hi Tuck Tailpipe / FJToymanOffroad Skids / Redline Skids / I seem to have run out of characters...
Primer is online now  
post #10 of 173 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 07:53 AM
Forum Superstar
 
Voight Kampff's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West Coast USA
Posts: 3,409
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1238 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
re: GTR Build- Meet Zim

Cover the thing in stickers first. Then we'll see how serious you are.

What size tires will fit on my FJ?

The owner's manual for your FJ is right here. <--- This is a link. Many answers to your questions are contained within.

See the relationship between highway speed and MPG here.

TLCA 5301
Voight Kampff is offline  
Reply

  Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Off-Topic Area > Other vehicle discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome