Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

My FJ is Finally Picture Worthy!!

4K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  4XX4 
#1 ·
Here are pics of project "Trl Makr" and it's mods...Just a couple more things I have planned and then I'm done....There is too much crap to list and take pics of it all...I'm sure you can figure out what is in all the pics...Hope you like...Lots of searching on the web and w/the help of you all I got it done!!

....:ninja:

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice looking ! Have you found a place for the high lift jack other than under the rear seats ? I like the fj without the roof rack , but it makes it hard to carry all your stuff .

#5 ·
its looking real good man.

#9 ·
That is my Magellan Explorist XL GPS holder...My cb is what is sitting in the air vent...I haven't wired the GPS power cord yet (that's why the dash side is off) or the fog lights for that matter...Also have extended brake lines waiting for me to install and my body mounts need a choppin'...Thost tires are Cooper STT's 285/75/16 for anyone who's wondering....The front coiloves are Walker Evans, all the yellow in the rear is my Old man emu set-up and my Man-a-Fre rear HD lower links (the bushings are arb and are whats yellow)...That nice lil' tealish blue piece is my e-locker guard from inchwormgear.com...Just got my skull antennea from discount auto parts for $11...Was in there getting wax and other crap and saw it and figured what the hel$!! The toolbox in the cargo bay is filled to the top with recovery gear of all sorts and hoses for the air tank...No roof rack...Wanted one solely to mount my hi-lift on, but right now I'm in the works of another mount that requires NO roof rack...Will have more details on that once we figure out if it's feasible or not....Wheels are rock crawler 87 series from wheeler's off-road...Figure I'd list what I could to answer any future questions now that I have time to type...My goal was to build a rig that was not overkill and not underdone...Also, my goal was to build something that could handle Florida mud and not need upkept all the time and still be able to tackle a rock climb or two!!

#11 ·
Love it!! It's heavy though and that is no joke...I want to get a short shifter, but I think due to the weight of this shift knob it might throw off my shifting a little...And for $100 for the shift knob I ain't getting rid of it...

#14 ·
OKay,..since you took out the silver part for the air..what now? Are you going to leave it like that? Looks good by the way. I'm loving the grill in the DO bumper.

#16 ·
I just took that out to wire in the power for my gps...I popped back in once I was done...I love that grill as well in that bumper...Def. gives it that final touch...Since I couldn't find a good place in the bumper to mount my winch control plug, I've came up with a craft place and will post pics when I'm done (hopefully this weekend)...

#19 ·
They are OEM sliders...I finished my winch control and will post pics up of it tomorrow once the sun is back out....To all who care, I took the plug out of the control box, added about 4 ft. of wiring to each wire...Ran it thru the bumper and up under the drivers side headlight...If you look just to the lower right of the driver's side headlight there is that little plastic corner panel that pops out...I soldiered the control plug into that piece...I looks great!! Well, least I think....:alfdance:

#22 ·
I herd you were gonna chop the front mounts. I take it that these 285's rub when wheeling or when at full turn. I an so set on getting a set of these tires, My donahoe lift is in the mail and cant wait to take off OEM tires. If I gotta chop, I gotta chop. I was planning on mounting the 285/70/17's on stock wheels. I was also praying that i could do this without having to chop.

#23 ·
Street driving and mild wheeling they don't rub...When you cram the front tire in the wheel well and have to turn in the same obsticle it will rub...Still haven't chopped 'em yet, but will be done soon before I wheel again...:roller:

#24 ·
Thanks for the input. Your truck looks great BTW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.