Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

It's nice when a photographer wheels an FJ!!

5K views 60 replies 24 participants last post by  Dom 
#1 ·
This is a video clip and some pics Paul the Photographer put together for me from our last wheelin' trip...Paul does awesome work and takes plenty of pics (well him and his wife)...The link to the video is in my sig. (Click on: "Wrong line, OOPS!!)...Enjoy!!

Here's a cool pic he took from the trip...

See less See more
#4 ·
Great looking Ti, I hope to get mine in that kind of shape soon.

Great video too, love the sloppy stuff:banana_hitit:

#5 ·
as a photo "enthusiast" i have to bite my tongue about "photo quality"

love your rig DOM

#43 ·
Dude, I am a lover not a fighter (anymore). I can kiss and make up but, my interpretation of your first post was you started in on his quality. I have seen some of the work on his website and he is a great photographer. As stated before this is an improv snapshot at best and his formal work is outstanding. No harm No foul, I am sorry for getting personal but, he is a super nice guy (I'm not) and I my have boys backs at all times (part of the military I will never get rid of)! Your shots are nice from what I have seen. K

#7 ·
I guess I haven't seen one in action without the hoop like that, but the DO bumper looks amazing in those pics.

#8 · (Edited)
This is a video clip and some pics Paul the Photographer put together for me from our last wheelin' trip...Paul does awesome work and takes plenty of pics (well him and his wife)...
Thanks Dom and everybody, its always nice for people to appreciate the extra time and effort we put in sometimes, after the ride...

And Dom, flattery will NOT make me take you to that NEW secret spot I went to.. lol Keep trying... :) :)

And here is the link to the rest of the photos from that day.
FJC Ride 3-3-07

as a photo "enthusiast" i have to bite my tongue about "photo quality"
Come on now, don't bite your tongue. Let's hear what you got to say...

#10 ·
Thanks Dom and everybody, its always nice for people to appreciate the extra time and effort we put in sometimes, after the ride...

And Dom, flattery will NOT make me take you to that NEW secret spot I went to.. lol Keep trying... :) :)

And here is the link to the rest of the photos from that day.
FJC Ride 3-3-07

Come on now, don't bite your tongue. Let's hear what you got to say...
Eh its not a photo site.. but you are more than welcome to come on over to Missouri Photographers Forum and post up in the critique forum.. i see in your sig you have some awesome shots.. would love to see more/higher rez shots.

#9 ·
Nice pic! Thanks for the new desktop background.

toby

#24 ·
lol then why couldnt he just say that.

#25 ·
okay heres the translation for the first one...anal photo enthusist who calls someone out for their website, i think is a feminine thing to do. and the part about the moon walk means that i thought you were very feminine to back up your rude statements with nice ones.

kinda like the "whew glad thats over" post. if your gonna make a rude opinion stay with it and back it up.......maturely,not the "hey look at my pics" reply YOU gave paul. hence the "4th grader" reply of mine.

remember, you wanted translation. so i think your a :crbaby: :crbaby: and thats pretty clear. thanks have a great day.Hope that helped.sorry for any misunderstanding(hence the real sarcasm):simmadown: :simmadown:

#26 ·
wow you have the put down ability of a chimp. 1st talk about feminine. You stuck your big nose into a conversation that had nothing to do with you (heffer). Your typing skills and the ability to express what that half a living brain cell mind of yours is trying to say is uncanny. My photo post reply was not to Paul but to someone else. I never called him out. This isn't the west side story. Paul and I are not going to dance around like little fruitcakes snapping our fingers and throwing photos at each other. I know you would like that but the rainbow room is a couple forums over. So to sum it up. Your "analogies" are put together at a 3rd grade level. Your reading comprehension and the ability to follow the events of a thread are NON existent. And you smell like poop. KISSES Cutie!!!:umbrella:

#28 ·
lol.. Thanks Krooked.

Why don't we all just let this die now.

#29 ·
to all else....sorry this thread went south... i know dimwitry likes it ... but anyway.too bad it went this way.

personally for enertainment value,i don't think you(dimwitry) have good comebacks, they are way too wishy washy. almost ....keyboard bada$$ if ya will,with a heavy accent of homosexuality....am i wrong?

oh well, stick to your guns i always say. And for the record.....Rainbows are just Rainbows, fairy dust didnt make them magical.

#35 ·
1) You can't spell
2) Your grammar is ... well you don't have any.
3) For some reason you have an issue with homosexuals. You know homophobia is a sign of fear that one is a homosexual. Might want to see someone about that. (Not that there is anything wrong with that) Just come out.
4) YOU DEFINE KEYBOARD BADA$$, Douchebag. I guess you must think Paul is defenseless against mean ole "Dimwitry" (another good one, gosh i thought 4th grade was so long ago) that he needs YOUR INTELLECT and INPUT to defend him. Hell i think i would rather shoot myself than have someone with the IQ of a brick (THATS YOU) try and defend me.

heffer? hahaha.
Sorry let me fix that.

B!TCH

Better :rolleyes:

And with that ... another addition to the ignore list (I cant wait for the "Sorry this person is on your ignore list" posts to start popping up here and there.)

#36 ·
Agreed.

#31 ·
Wow, remind me to never post this as thread topic again...:simmadown: ....I thought the pic looked cool so I wanted to post it up and share it along with the video with the people on this forum...I personally think the pic is kick ass!! Yes, some things aren't perfect...But, under the circumstances these photos shouldn't even look this good!! It was a severely overcast day, and raining and/or drizzling all day long...Paul would literally have about 10 sec. to jump out of his FJ, run to a decent spot, click off some pics and hop back in his rig. to keep the convoy moving...Remember, Paul was wheeling with us that day in his own rig., he wasn't just being a paid photographer that set-up shop to film all the rigs...While he was waiting for his turn as others did the obsticles, he would just jump out of his rig with a $$$ digi. in the rain and run up and snap a shot then hop back in again and do the obsticle himself...I posted this up to show two things....My cool FJ :roller: and if the photo came out like this in the conditions as they were, I would like to see what the pics will look like on an FJ shoot day with all the equip. and TIME!!

#38 ·
Boy do I wish I never saw this thread! What's that saying? Opinion's are like ________'s (this case I will say Dmitry's) everyone has one. I will always defend my friends. Even though this website has always seemed pretty benign occasionally you have to deal with a TOOL. Sucks that people have to get their jollies at the expense of others but, I guess that is the nature of people. Dmitry, enjoy Paul's work everytime you open up the website (FJ of the month for March & everytime you see my, Dom's, CTheProducers, or Paul's avatar)! Have fun in Misery (I mean Missouri), we'll keep Paul as our dedicated photographer, trail leader, & friend! K

#33 ·
If I took photography classes, but not in the industry? Am I a photographer? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I own this camera, Canon EOS-1D Mark III am I a Photographer?

#37 ·
I think the point you were trying to make was "Are you a professional photographer" Anyone with a camera is a photographer. A professional gets paid for it.

#34 ·
I thought the pic was pretty cool... I don't know anything about photography though.

#40 ·
How long before this thread gets locked??

Mods... get in here!!

#47 ·
Please don't get me wrong....I'm not saying I "hate" the photo. It's a great one.

However, what I'm really after with a photo (especially with a 4wheeling photo) is trying to get the obstacle to look as it REALLY does in real life. Getting that perspective is very difficult since a photo is 2 dimensional.....it's hard to capture the 3rd one.

Make sense?

Sean

#48 ·
Let's try to quit some of the arguing going on in this thread.....if you feel the need to keep it up at least move it to PM......

#49 ·
See, this kind of sh!t is exactly what ruins every forum I've ever been on. Grow up people. We have enough BS in our days already. Remember, "arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded." Now, lets not have any more retardation on the forum. Thank you, rant over.

#51 ·
My Dad could beat up your dad...

#52 ·
I am probably older than your Dad... lol :) :)

No offense meant.

I am an old guy.... arrrrggggg.... At least my body is.. lol

So no bet.... lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.