Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

FJ tow truck

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Tingtong 
#1 ·
Found a new use for my FJ...tow truck! First pic kinda sucks, but its me pulling out a stuck F-250, the other two are of me towing my buddy's broke down jeep all the freaking way home.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Ok I'll say it. Next time place the recovery strap through the hitch on the F-250 with a hitch pin. It does look like you did strap it around the hitch rail. IF you did then good job!!

When towing another vehicle do not use the bumper as a tow point. Attach your tow strap to a point on the frame.
Just remember it's all about safety, primarily yours and your trucks.
***UPON FURTHER REVIEW IT LOOKS AS IF HE'S ATTACHED TO A FRAME ATTACH POINT ON THE BUMPER!***SO YOU DID EVERYTHING RIGHT THEN! Disregard any and all negativity!

I do give him a ton of credit for helping a brother out in time of need. Keep it up in that department! You make us FJ owners look good to others!

There, is that better MoSun? :cowtounge:

#7 ·
Oh, now I see the J on the trucks plate. Oahu. And it looks more like the Koolau's. Eastside, yeah? Near Sandy Beach or Makapu'u?

Oh I was gonna give you da location, but wen read the last post and well dea you go!

Yea, Oahu...up near Kaena Point by Dillingham airfield.
Prime stuckage opportunities at Kaena point for sure:roller:

Tingtong, welcome bruddah! You use to have one Jeep too?

Anyways good job for pulling out da big rigs and for showing the sweet views of Oahu!

#11 ·
Hey Tingtong, if you get a chance Try find Aloha FJ cruisers on net the we have about five or six people go out wheeling regularly at Kaena, next Saturday we are going to pea****flats for the second time if you interested pm me I;ll give you the info Nice to see you wheeling not many FJ owners taking their wheels offroad yet here in Oahu except going over speed bumps at Ala Moana. Nice save your body, one day he'll return the favor to you. We all need help sometimes no matter what vehicle they drive.

#10 ·
I hate seeing pics of you guys wheeling in HI. All I got to wheel around where I live is a stinky "river/canal" and some broken concrete. Those views! I bet that never gets old.

#13 ·
I might head back to Kaena Point this weekend, but to mountain bike this time. I have too many hobbies, can't find time for them all...need to go surf too...so much to do so little time, weekends need to be longer. Life if rough in paradise sometimes! hahahaha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.