Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Mt. Evans

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  FJR Colorado 
#1 ·
Every year I like to take a ride up to the summit of Mt. Evans...

Check out my GPS reading at the top...

Coming back down...

What's left of the massive snow banks...

Lots of Mountain Goats...

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice pics. :)

#4 ·
Need to get out there myself.

#5 ·
Great Picts.. I used to love to do that run every year myself.. It is so beautiful up there.. I miss CO... Well I'll be back in less than a Month...

See you all in Ouray.. I am going to Denver to see friends and all. So on the way back I'll have to drive up Evans...

:cheers:

#7 ·
Excellent photos. Still love the look of the white steelies with the Sun Fusion.

#9 ·
Great spot - nice shots - :bigthumb:

-

#11 ·
I'm going to try a HAM radio DX comm with my cousin in California next weekend, from up here, and him up somewhere high in the sierras - him using a handheld transceiver with an external antenna, me with a vehicle m9unted FT-857 with both an ATAS-120 and a simple longwire+tuner.

#12 ·
Spincycle,

Your HAM unit should do real well on 14,254 Mt. Evans....

A few years ago I was hiking Devl's Head and when I got to the top, a group of HAMs was having some sort of DX contest. Off of battery power they were picking up South America and Romania. They had a huge antenna made of wire that stretched across the two rock pinnacles at the peak. 'Twas cool...

#13 ·
Great pics Fred. We are wheeling around Sedona at the moment. Hope to see you in Ouray in Sept.

Regards, Steve

#14 ·
Steve,

Wholly cripes! I'm typing this in Tucson. I've been in Phoenix most of the week. And I even snagged a nice Taco rental truck at PHX that I've been in all week. I need to fly back to Denver tomorrow.

Too bad... Had I known I'd be in Sedona wheelin' w/you... shucks....

#15 ·
Next time!

Come on out to So.Cal.

We will be in Ouray in Sept, come on down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.