Wrapped FJ Cruiser - Page 5 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Picture/Media Post If you have any pictures or movies which feature the Toyota FJ Cruiser please post them in this section, or in the Toyota FJ Cruiser Photo Gallery.

 38Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 11:09 AM
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Quote:
IDFJ previously said: View Post
Quote:
sandFJ90210 previously said: View Post
The shop that did the OPs cruiser quoted

$200 to do vinyl black hood cutout
You can find a high-quality pre-cut hood decal for about $40-50. It is very easy to install with two people. Some diluted soapy water in a spray bottle and a good squeegee is all you need.
thank you

More i look at my bright red in the screen(dont have fj yet), less i want black hood decal

Will see tomorrow if therr is glare on drive back
sandFJ90210 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: Wrapped FJ Cruiser

Quote:
sandFJ90210 previously said: View Post
Hi there

Beautiful car. I am about 10 min drive from you. I just picked up a 2012 RED TT

Is it possible to check out your FJ in person? I want to particularly see the black hood decal.


Did autowerks do that? I want that on my red truck

Much appreciated
Sorry I usually get email notifications about replies to this thread but haven't got any...

Yea, I'm in Monrovia so DM me and we can figure out a good time to meet. Love to meet another fellow FJ'er!

Autowerkz did not do the hood decal. A friend and I did that part ourselves as well as the emblems.



Quote:
sandFJ90210 previously said: View Post
The shop that did the OPs cruiser quoted

$200 to do vinyl black hood cutout

$500 for gloss black roof
My friend and I got the hood done for about $60 in parts.

As for the roof, it was on the house for me, but this is my fourth car with them. I was one of their first customers.

Quote:
bhoward previously said: View Post
Sad to see a Black Cherry Pearl being taken off the road! I believe this is THE BEST color of the FJ. I plan to do some kind of Rhino coating once mine is scratched beyond my limits. BUT I WILL stay with the Black Cherry. IJS.
I wound't say taken off the road per se, the black cherry pearl is still being protected under the wrap
EF JAY is offline  
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 02:16 PM
Forum Regular
 
Tbronder5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 163
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Wrapped FJ Cruiser

Quote:
sandFJ90210 previously said: View Post
The shop that did the OPs cruiser quoted

$200 to do vinyl black hood cutout

$500 for gloss black roof
Honestly I would pay 500 if I did it over again. The time it took wasn't worth the day I lost. Not a bad price especially including material

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Tbronder5 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 02:30 PM
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Shooting you a message

🙂

Quote:
EF JAY previously said: View Post
Quote:
sandFJ90210 previously said: View Post
Hi there

Beautiful car. I am about 10 min drive from you. I just picked up a 2012 RED TT

Is it possible to check out your FJ in person? I want to particularly see the black hood decal.


Did autowerks do that? I want that on my red truck

Much appreciated
Sorry I usually get email notifications about replies to this thread but haven't got any...

Yea, I'm in Monrovia so DM me and we can figure out a good time to meet. Love to meet another fellow FJ'er!

Autowerkz did not do the hood decal. A friend and I did that part ourselves as well as the emblems.



Quote:
sandFJ90210 previously said: View Post
The shop that did the OPs cruiser quoted

$200 to do vinyl black hood cutout

$500 for gloss black roof
My friend and I got the hood done for about $60 in parts.

As for the roof, it was on the house for me, but this is my fourth car with them. I was one of their first customers.

Quote:
bhoward previously said: View Post
Sad to see a Black Cherry Pearl being taken off the road! I believe this is THE BEST color of the FJ. I plan to do some kind of Rhino coating once mine is scratched beyond my limits. BUT I WILL stay with the Black Cherry. IJS.
I wound't say taken off the road per se, the black cherry pearl is still being protected under the wrap [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/FJCruiser2/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]
sandFJ90210 is offline  
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 06:28 PM
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Saw the truck in person.

Owner is super cool true car guy.

A truck looked awesome with wrap!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C8232317-FA62-482A-8D75-601234060F8E_1555201721715.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	382.5 KB
ID:	1075372  
EF JAY likes this.
sandFJ90210 is offline  
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: Wrapped FJ Cruiser

Quote:
sandFJ90210 previously said: View Post
Saw the truck in person.

Owner is super cool true car guy.

A truck looked awesome with wrap!
It was my pleasure and I have to say you have one of the CLEANEST FJ's out there sheesh!

Also, as you mentioned earlier, now it does look like our side view mirrors are different sizes
EF JAY is offline  
post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 01:55 PM
Forum Veteran
 
CRFjockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nampa, Idaho
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Wrapped FJ Cruiser

Quote:
bhoward previously said: View Post
Sad to see a Black Cherry Pearl being taken off the road! I believe this is THE BEST color of the FJ. I plan to do some kind of Rhino coating once mine is scratched beyond my limits. BUT I WILL stay with the Black Cherry. IJS.
Sad to see any FJ that is not taken off road!

It is too bad that the black cherry seems so easy to scratch up though. It's an extremely nice color when its all clean. I love mine, even if it is starting to get pretty scratched up.
bhoward likes this.

2007 Black Cherry AT
A-Trac | TRD Cat-Back | OEM Sliders
Mods
Bilstein 6112/5160 | Wheeler's T12 Rear Springs | ProComp A/T Sport 285/70R17 | ProComp Series 41 Wheels | RESZfab LCA/RCI LCA Skids | Ricochet Skid | DD SS6 Wide/LED Mirror/Interior Lights | IPF 968 Lights | ARB CMKA12 Compressor | Uniden Pro510XL | Bandi | 4'/2' Firesticks | Orangeboxx/Springtail Molle Racks | Iconic/Apex Recovery Points | Rad Rubber

Calamity Jane is my Co-Pilot and Herbie is along for the ride!

CRFjockey is offline  
Reply

  Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Picture/Media Post

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome