LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Any expedition in North West?

Hi All:

I was wondering if any one has planned or planning to explore North West sooner in upcoming months?
I never had joined any, and wanted to start nearby my home areas.

Thanx
MD
shannon67 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 06:11 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Any expedition in North West?

Quote:
MD-FJ2014 previously said: View Post
Hi All:

I was wondering if any one has planned or planning to explore North West sooner in upcoming months?

I never had joined any, and wanted to start nearby my home areas.

Thanx

MD

Where are you wanting to explore? Iím planning a 3-4 week trip out west in May. Gonna be hitting some places in northern Arizona ( Fossil Creek, Crown King, and Sedona ) first, then up into western Utah and possibly Wyoming before circling back and heading home to Oklahoma. Gonna hit Zion National park and hike Angels Landing, The Subway and The Narrows for sure, but possibly more. Before that, Iím camping 2-3 days WAY off the beaten path, in a very remote location at the north rim of the Grand Canyon. After Zion, I plan to swing through Bryce National Park for a day, then on to Capital Reef National Park for a day or two before making a 2-3 day stay at Grand Staircase Escalante. Then over to Moab, Ut for my yearly pilgrimage of wheeling there. Then itíll be up in the air to whatís next. Wouldnít mind hitting Yellowstone or somewhere up around there. Gonna car camp as much of the trip as possible. Iíve got a hot shower setup, portable toilet, camp kitchen, etc., so life will be good! Iíve done most of these places at least once, but thereís so much out there left to explore. May have a friend from Texas tagging along with his rig for some of the trip, but probably not all of it. Iím always open to meeting new people and sharing the trip, if youíre up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Shannon
08'Blk.Dia.,URD MK3 Stage 2 SC Kit,DTLT headers,URD Y-pipe,AFE high tuck exhaust w/custom resonator,Level 10 shift kit,Atlas 4 transfer case,Currie D-60 rear axle, 4:56's & ARB air lockers,Modified 6"RC lift,1.5"body lift,Icon2.5"CDC c/o's,Icon billet UCA's,Icon2.5"rear piggies,MT offset rear lower links,MT LT HD springs w/1.5" spacer,Method 105 beadlocks,35x12.50 18 Nitto Trail Grap's,All-Pro sliders,Baja flat rack,Rigid 50"RDS,Lifetime 21.5",Road Armor Titan Bumper,10kXRC winch,LightForce 240's,Exp.1 rear bumper w/carrier,RotoPax,Safari Snorkel,Pocket flares,Outback roof console,Uniden 980 peaked & tuned CB,LED mirror spot lights,Roll top console,......
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 09:09 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Cruisin' in the woods:

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...sin-woods.html

Florence Beach Run (2019)

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...beach-run.html

Jade -- 2013 Army Green AT Crawl -- US Offroad Winch Mount / Warn 10K synthetic -- BMC -- Light Racing Upper Control Arms -- Bilstein 6112 / OME rear springs / Bilstein 5100 -- Metal-Tech Red Eye Rear Bumper -- URD Stainless Exhaust -- Cooper STT Pro LT285/70R17 E / Factory Alloys -- Smittybilt Nerf Bars -- Diode Dynamics / Light Bar / HID / LEDS -- Springtail Solutions Side Rack -- Ellis Precision - Goodies -- Cobra 75 WX ST / Bandi / 3' Firefly -- Front Runner Storage Drawer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage

Hey MD

I hope you are happy, I blew my FIRST POST ever on you! I recently bought a 2007, have invested a bit on her since then, and have a trip in mind. I have already planned it out on GPS and maps. I dont want to give it all away but it will invlove Walla Walla overnight, jumping in point the next morning will be the start of the classic OBDR route into the Blue Mountains, down through Granite and Sumpter, and onto Seneca. The basic premise is to avoid the OBDR routes that will scrape/wash the paint off of the sides of your vehicle- and I know these first hand by travelling these routes on a GS1200 dualsport- so we jump off Route 5 of the OBDR at Seneca and hit route 4 to Bend. From Bend we go south on 97 to the beginning of route 6, do half of that westward but get off at I-5. Head south on 5 for a short jump-off onto Bear Camp Road- a classic! That will take us to Gold Beach where we do 101 until the dunes where we will spend a few hours exploring, and then onto Florence- and home on 101. If anyone were to do this all alone, they risk a few things- like either a medical or mechanical problem, and if there are only 2 people, and one has to "go for help"- well, that is a crisis that nobody wants. My route choices are very safe- do not include any crawling level 4 x 4 obstacles. Like I already said, this won't leave tree scrapes all over your rig either- which much of the OBDR could- but it IS a fabulous route with lots to see and do. I do not have an overland-equipped rig so we would spend a nite in a tent only if we have/want to, but there are hotel choices as well as gas along the route. I do have 5 gallon can on my rear bumper for fuel emergencies- I dont like to cavitate as I have a high pressure fuel pump and a supercharger that doesn't like to be lean.

All that being said, I was toying with the idea of making it more of a multi-rig event- so as to take away the anxiety of doing it with just my wife and I. We are thinking early July. Feels like a 5-6 day event? I guess I am just putting the stick in the anthill and seeing what comes out... Easybake
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Please update with some pics and details. I did a trip from Seattle down the Washington, Oregon, and California coast to Frisco (including Napa of course) 2 years ago. Great trip, but very little off roading. Would like to know what my options are in case we do it again.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Expeditions > Planned Expeditions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in