Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: From East to West Sept 15-Oct 4

Quote:
rotorhed1 previously said: View Post
I'm in the NW corner of New Mexico. Weather should still be okay here, we could play in The Glade. + Oct 4 is my B-day, you could buy me a beer at the local microbrewery

lol sounds like a plan! how concerned should about bringing extra fuel? i plan on bring 3-4 5 gallon cans and 2 5 gallon water jugs, should that suffice? or is that overkill?

2007, Ti Sil, 285/70/17 BFG KM2s, OME 885/895, Safari Snorkel, ARB roof rack, IPF 868 rack lights, Gobi ladder, custom flowmaster exhaust w/ high clearance tail pipe, 5000K HIDs, swissarmy overhead console, Cobra 75Wxst CB w/ Bandi mount,scuba mod demello sliders, fourtreks hilift and dual tool mounts, TRD quickshifter,Demello 3 hoop front bumper,Ram laptop mount.TT diff drop, 2 Kragen HIDs, BudBuilt skids, Superwinch LP8500

Soon to have: ????????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Catalyst

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to OCR14a
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
rotorhed1 previously said: View Post
I'm in the NW corner of New Mexico. Weather should still be okay here, we could play in The Glade. + Oct 4 is my B-day, you could buy me a beer at the local microbrewery
You gonna be OK by then (j/k)
Hey, by the way, I heard you were going in for surgery. I hope it goes well, bro.
Keep us posted.

Quote:
jerseymike previously said: View Post
lol sounds like a plan! how concerned should about bringing extra fuel? i plan on bring 3-4 5 gallon cans and 2 5 gallon water jugs, should that suffice? or is that overkill?
Wow....if offering to receive free beer from you is all we have to do to get you to come through out neck of the woods, we have all kinds of breweries around here where I'm sure you could get something to impress me with. :-)
....I could even pretend it's my B-day.

OK, really though......if you do decide to go this route, we will certainly not disapoint.

Perhaps, go through one way on your way West, and back through a different way on your way back East.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

yup thats my thoughts exactly, i pretty much plan to make a big "loop"

2007, Ti Sil, 285/70/17 BFG KM2s, OME 885/895, Safari Snorkel, ARB roof rack, IPF 868 rack lights, Gobi ladder, custom flowmaster exhaust w/ high clearance tail pipe, 5000K HIDs, swissarmy overhead console, Cobra 75Wxst CB w/ Bandi mount,scuba mod demello sliders, fourtreks hilift and dual tool mounts, TRD quickshifter,Demello 3 hoop front bumper,Ram laptop mount.TT diff drop, 2 Kragen HIDs, BudBuilt skids, Superwinch LP8500

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Forum Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Celtic Cruiser

Quote:
jerseymike previously said: View Post
Depends on how remote you want to get. If your camping the water is a good idea. IMO two fuel cans will suffice if you fill up before long stretches.
We're in Gallup NM right off I-40 could point you in the right direction for must see SW sites and hit a local trail if your up for it.

08 SANDSTORM {Clarification} Celtic in this usage is pronounced "Keltic" refering to the European Barbarion tribe, not "Seltic" as in a basketball team.:
Gallup, New Mexico/FJ Cruiser

OME Heavy suspension, ARB air lockers front and rear, Safari snorkel, Tuffy security boxes rear and center, All -Pro: (upper A-arms, front winch bumper, and shock skids), Mile Marker 9500 winch, Custom brush guard, TRD alloy wheels, Rear scuba, OEM sliders, CB w/Bandi mount and 6 foot whip antenna.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

of course im up for it!

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 06:04 AM
Catalyst

Let us know your preference on trail ratings and we'll help you out around here.

Check Trail Damage too if you want.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

nothing too extreme, were really looking for outstanding scenery. i still want to be able to make it home without having to stop by the nearest toyota dealer for a broken CV or punctered gas tank lol

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

anyone have any info on bringing long guns across state lines, im a LEO so i guess i have some play since HR218, but i still have to check on that with other state laws.

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

hitting the road tomorrow morning, hope to see some of you guys on the trails!!

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Catalyst

Bring it on, Mike.
If you come through here, let us know.

Either way, I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Expeditions > Planned Expeditions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in