vsc light, check engine light,trac light stay on - Page 4 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Problems / Dealer Service If you are having a problem with your FJ or want to discuss a visit to the service department, post it here.

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Re: vsc light, check engine light,trac light stay on

Mechanic said the same thing others have stated... for some reason the check engine light also triggers the other lights for no rhyme or reason...
Code PO 348 which he said was "Bank 2 cam sensor problem" he said it was a weird code so he hunted down a sensor just in case... in the meanwhile they removed the Cam cover and found wires chewed by rodents... (remember I said it's been cold...) They repaired the wires, cleared the code and all is well. I was grateful the whole ordeal only cost me $99.
He said he's heard of other people pinning dryer sheets up in the corners of the hood (so they don't catch fire) to keep the rodents out... anyone else have experience keeping the critters away? We have lots of cold days ahead and incidentally the last couple of weeks they have been outsmarting my dogs and my husband's traps. (The cat is worthless...)
Winterpeg likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 06:58 PM
Admin

Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2451 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
DreasFJ previously said: View Post
Mechanic said the same thing others have stated... for some reason the check engine light also triggers the other lights for no rhyme or reason...
Code PO 348 which he said was "Bank 2 cam sensor problem" he said it was a weird code so he hunted down a sensor just in case... in the meanwhile they removed the Cam cover and found wires chewed by rodents... (remember I said it's been cold...) They repaired the wires, cleared the code and all is well. I was grateful the whole ordeal only cost me $99.
He said he's heard of other people pinning dryer sheets up in the corners of the hood (so they don't catch fire) to keep the rodents out... anyone else have experience keeping the critters away? We have lots of cold days ahead and incidentally the last couple of weeks they have been outsmarting my dogs and my husband's traps. (The cat is worthless...)
Peppermint oil (the actual concentrated type) has been successful according to some.
DreasFJ likes this.

Suck it up... it's only -40

2008 FJ Trail Teams
ARB Front; Exp1 rear STC; Apex rocksliders; Lightforce on front bumper; ARB Full Rack w/Grid; ; Icon Susp w/cdc; magnaflow muffler (mashed the original); Engo 12000S winch; 285/75/16 Duratracs; Ricochet skids, Uniden PC78 Elite CB (ch 16 typically, ch 19 on the hwy)

"Don't drive angry".... BFM
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 11:49 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ohiobenz Send a message via Yahoo to ohiobenz Send a message via Skype™ to ohiobenz

My 2008 has all the lights on and, according to the dealer who spent 4.5 hrs last time, my ECM is losing communication with the CAN bus.
My ABS is not active
My airbag system is not active
My VSC and traction control are not active
All per the dealer...

Occasionally the ABS light is off, but comes on after driving a while.

For a period of time the brake light was on, but went off.
Yesterday it came on again.

Ive ordered the brake light switch and will replace it today.

Any suggestions?

'08 Fusion: ARB rack, custom ladder, Jerry-can carrier & Hi-lift mount, DO front bumper, Expedition-1 Rear bumper, DO Hybrid Sliders, MileMarker Hyd Winch, SPEC Stage-1 clutch, Icon Stage 2 3" lift, Cobra CB, PNR Snorkel, Spidertrax spacers, All-Pro Skid plates, Airlift airsprings Plasti-Dipped hood, Arco PIAA fogs, Hella drivin lights & more......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 03:38 PM
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to ohiobenz Send a message via Yahoo to ohiobenz Send a message via Skype™ to ohiobenz

New brake light switch didn't fix anything.

'08 Fusion: ARB rack, custom ladder, Jerry-can carrier & Hi-lift mount, DO front bumper, Expedition-1 Rear bumper, DO Hybrid Sliders, MileMarker Hyd Winch, SPEC Stage-1 clutch, Icon Stage 2 3" lift, Cobra CB, PNR Snorkel, Spidertrax spacers, All-Pro Skid plates, Airlift airsprings Plasti-Dipped hood, Arco PIAA fogs, Hella drivin lights & more......
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 10:20 AM
Forum Master

After a little research I found this:

https://www.purefjcruiser.com/docs/2...tem/028008.pdf

I followed the instructions to reset the DTC and so far have driven about 30 mi without the error lights coming on again. Last time it only lasted 21 miles after the dealer reset it.
Sparky of SoCal likes this.

post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 01:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, did it fix the problem permannently?
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 12:50 PM
Forum Master

It did not...
So the Airbag module was fried due to having water in it.
Note: watercrossings will fry them.....

The VSC, ABS etc still not fixed as of yet - they've had the FJ since Sept 6th...

Will post as I find out causes.
Winterpeg likes this.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in