Good Service At Vandergriff Toyota - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Problems / Dealer Service If you are having a problem with your FJ or want to discuss a visit to the service department, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Good Service At Vandergriff Toyota

Purchased by FJ from a local Toyota dealer & discovered that honesty is not in their vocabulary. Located Vandergriff Toyota near my office & they have been great with service and knowledge of my FJ needs. They even wash the truck with each service visit.

2014 Iceberg White 4x4 -
2012 Calvary Blue 4x4 - Sold
2007 VooDoo Blue 4x4 - Sold

Last edited by ZFJCruiser; 01-03-2007 at 09:28 PM. Reason: I can't spell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Good Service At Vandergriff Toyota

Bump
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to shack

good thing you didn't buy your FJ at Vandergriff. You'd notice that honesty isn't in their vocabulary either. I love my FJ, but I've never had a worse car buying experience.

Glad the service department is taking care of you though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

This thread is 4 years old, does anybody realize how many car salespeople have cycled through there since then? No offense, but this isn't relevant experience anymore IMO.

Landy

Support these fine vendors!
TRDParts4U
Demello Offroad
Ricochet
Icon Vehicle Dynamics
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Forum Veteran

I agree Landy, after 4 years this post is not relevent and I believe it would be a much better experience today.

I do however think the purpose of these post is to let others know whether they had a good or bad experience and for them to make an educated decision on where they would like to spend their hard earned dollars based on feedback from other like minded shoppers.

Every Dealership cycles Salesman thru like cattle to slaughter. The good ones usually stay at one store for years, have a good reputation and loyal customer base and will make your buying experience as comfortable as possible for you. That is what we all expect.

Every store I have ever worked in has good salesman. When you find a good one, it is easy to recommend them to friends and family.

I have always found at least one in every store, but more often than not the really good salesmen are already working with customers and that leaves the newer, less experienced salesmen to take care of the rest.

The staff we have here now, I would rate as very good and most have been here a couple years or more.

I will add, that a lot of the experience an individual has, good or bad is usually a combination of both their attitude about buying and the sales associate they are dealing with. Remember most salesman are young and just the messengers. The desk managers make the deals.

What I have seen at every store I have every worked, and many of you have experienced when buying a vehicle is the salesman is either new with little experience and lack a lot product of knowledge or some retired guy who has chip on his shoulder because he is selling cars for a living.

If you find a good one its because he understands that the customer is their paycheck and the better they take care of them, the more cars they will eventually sell.

Thanks again for your input Landy.

I hope if anyone is in the market for a vehicle and live in or around Arlington, that you please give Vandergriff Toyota a chance.

Please feel free to come to the Parts department and I will be happy to help you get a good deal on your next purchase and make your experience as pleasnt as possible.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Forum Superstar

Garage

My attitude was not the problem during my experience. The sales guy flat out lied to my face before I bought it. Took it back based on a conversation I had with the same sales guy the next day to get a different one and he flat-assed lied again, right in front of me, to his sales manager. I had a printout of an email conversation we had the day before, and he still lied. I should have read Vandergriff's reviews online before I went at the time. There were tons of them, and they were all bad.

Note: I just did a quick search for Vandergriff's reviews and it does seem like they are doing better. About 4/5 stars on dealerrater.com. Of course, if you read through them all they get worse as you go back a few years.

Sorry to be a downer on those who work there now, but this is a Problems / Dealer feedback thread and I'll make sure everyone knows about my sh!tty experience there, regardless of how long ago it was. I applaud the notion that their customer experience has drastically improved, but they had their chance with me.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Forum Veteran

I don't disagree you were treated badly and for that I do apologise. I appreciate your honesty and acknowledgment that things are getting better. I wish there was something I could do for you, but I understand how feel. If I have a bad experience and gave them a chance to make it right and they don't, I never go back either. If there is anything I can do for you regarding parts or service, I would be happy to help you. I do understand if you prefer to do business somewhere else. I just wanted to make the offer. Again I am sorry for the bad experience you had. Please let me know if I can be of service to you in the future.
Phil
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Forum Superstar

Garage

You're a good guy Phil. Thank you for your offer.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in